CC Churn

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by PointOfTraveling, Aug 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. PointOfTraveling

PointOfTraveling Active Member

Status Points:
    Never done this...though I have 3 cards currently, Saph Pref, Freedom, SPG, all personal cards.

740 score and I am thinking of this...

Hyatt
    United Explorer
    BA

Club Carlson

Citi Hilton

Should I apply for them in one day? Should I not apply for one/some of them for any particular reason?

I am Hyatt Diamond and I have a 50k United offer waiting for me right now in my email. CC will be nice for a potential Europe trip coming up and I might switch from Hyatt to Hilton in the intermediate term (Hyatt Diamond and SPG Platinum thinking of going SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond on Spend, Kimpton Inner Circle).

Any help would be great.

2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy and Espan like this.
  3. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Three chase personal cards in one day would not be successful (or are you trying to decide between one of those three?). In fact I don't think you can even get two personal in one day of applications. You might be able on get two personal cards with some time in between them but with already having 2 chase cards, it will be some time before you can get approved for those 3 you listed. And you will most likely have to give up some credit limit from some other cards.

Depending in what your current miles balance is for the airlines/hotels you would stay at in Europe would help me prioritize what cards to apply for first.

Edit. The club Carlson is also a chase card right? Got some more prioritizing I guess.

4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Club Carlson is a US Bank.

I have gotten 2 chase same day and then 3 Chase (2 personal & 1 business) within 1 month so it is doable.

merice107 likes this.
  5. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did that take recon line?

6. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only on the ink.

7. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely do them in one day so they won't see the other inquiries.Try to do them in business hours so you can call recon lines right away if you get denied :)

you can definitely do 2 chase cards in one day.both me and wifey did it with the mileage plus & ba cards....just have a good point why you need both.
    about 6 months later got the CSP and 2 weeks ago my hyatt(5 months since CSP).

as for club carlson: i did it as my 5th (& last card) in this month's AoR.was denied as expected.never froze my IDA/ARS and new they are not big fans of people with decent amount of inquiries.first called the US bank credit department who redirected me to IDA.took me a couple of days to reach out to them(they were either close or simply didn't pick up the phone).they said that their job is only to send a "score" to US bank but they are happy to fax it so me if i send them a request with a copy of my social and DL,not thanks....first of all why would i need that since i exactly new what was the problem and after realizing they have nothing to do with decision making i have to go back to US bank.
    called back US and asked them to open my file again.they did and told me to check back in a couple of days.so did i but received another denial.asked for why and of course the usual "well you had a lot of credit inquiries recently".i said yeah but i travel a lot,manage well my cards,plan to stay at radissons only blablabla and the rep agreed to open the file again and ask someone to go over it.(btw I asked if those re-opening will require new hard pulls and was told no).
    So checked back a couple of days later got the unable to approve message again,bummer.
    gave up....i'll do it in the future.
    Well,today exactly two weeks since my US bank drama i received my card in the mail.you can imagine how surprised i was:)long story short go for it and don't give up

08/15/2013:me and wifey :11 cards 11 approvals ;)

Kalboz likes this.