CC 10% miles back on award tickets

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by estnet, Apr 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Citibank has a card that offers 10% back on award mileage up to 10k a year. The Barclay card that used to be US air offers the same thing.
    I was told today that the rebate is 1 per passenger, not per credit card, so even though I now have a new card that offers 10% back I get no benefit since I already have the citi one. I can't find this limit on any of the info from the cc company.
    Does anyone know where to find this condition?

uggboy likes this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually in the case of Citibank the 10% back is for any AA affiliated card. The miles are refunded back to the account they came from up to 10k there no restriction on the number of travelers or the number of rebates provided it doe not exceed 10k.

wrxmom and uggboy like this.
  3. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    My Barclay Aviator Card says the same thing, but that Barclay card is so squirrelly that it would not surprise me one bit to learn of this after the fact. They do a lot of funky stuff.

4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    That isn't my point - it is that I can't get 10k on the citicard AND 10k on the barclay card. That condition is not one I have seen anywhere - but that is what I was told by Advantage

5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK but that would seem logical since the rebate is triggered by Advantage program activity. What I presume they are doing is just matching redemptions to an account which has a affiliated card.
    People with ten AA Citicards don't get ten rebates either.:)