Caviar service on LH first--yum, yum, yum

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by Punki, Mar 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oooh I absolutely love the caviar service on LH first--the accoutrements were perfect, and the vodka shot is an especially nice touch. ;)

Do you think I could get away with ordering like three orders of caviar instead of an entree?

sobore likes this.
  2. LN-FHU
    Original Member

LN-FHU Silver Member

Status Points:
    All you have to do is ask....you'll probably receive ;)

3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had to jump on this thread since it's the closest I have been to caviar in close to a year. Yum!

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Lufthansa certainly offers the most generous portions of caviar of any carrier I can think of, at least usually, it's somewhat crew dependent. (Unlike say ANA where you get a small jar, so the portions are rather set., Lufthansa spoons out the caviar.)

They usually have plenty, of course load in F and demands of other passengers will matter here, but in general there'll be enough for seconds and thirds if you wish! :)

5. ChicagoEric
    Original Member

ChicagoEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    When we last traveled, they proactively asked if we wanted seconds. I was almost embarassed by how much I ate. Almost.

6. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since when do 'real vegetarians' eat caviar? :eek: Another of your exceptions?:D

7. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've actually never had caviar, but have a LH F ticket booked for this summer and this is one of the things I'm really looking forward to...bizarre?

8. You can get loads on CX. Each flight with caviar service is loaded with a non-trivial sized tin, even if you're the only pax (that's happened to me twice). I've only been on LH once, BOS-FRA, and fell asleep right after take-off, woken up by the fasten your seat belt announcement for landing; thus I have nothing to report, YET. In May, I'll be flying LH LH F three times, -- LAX-MUC (346), MUC-HKG (346) and FRA-BOS (744). Should be lots of caviar!!

9. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    They were delighted to offer me seconds, but unfortunately, after my first service of caviar and my salad, I was too full to eat anything else.