Caution: No Refund for Cancelled Tickets Not In Your Name

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Jun 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if this is an anomaly but since it happened in two separate instances across two different airlines, I suspect that I may not be the only one affected.

Example scenarios:
    • I cancelled a reward booking on Southwest for myself and my g/f. I received the refund of the fees/taxes for my ticket but did not receive them for my g/f's ticket. Not a big deal since this was just $2.50 but I will likely still call to get my money back. Called and it took a few minutes but the CSR requested the refund back to my card.
    • My g/f cancelled a reward booking on Air France utilizing her Delta miles. She received the refund of the fees/taxes for her ticket but did not receive them for mine. She called Delta and turns out she has to fill out a form and mail it in. This was for around $170 in taxes/fees.
    Has anyone else encountered this issue? If you've cancelled a ticket recently or plan to in the near future and expect to get a refund for a ticket that isn't in your name, please keep an eye on this.