Cathay Pacific upgrades reservations system

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by sobore, Feb 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.brecorder.com/pakistan/i...ay-pacific-upgrades-reservations-system-.html

Cathay Pacific Airway has completed the upgrade of its new passenger reservations system as planned over the weekend.
    A statement here on Tuesday said that the changeover to new technology to replace a system introduced in the 1980s will ensure that Cathay Pacific can continue to meet passengers' needs in the future as the airline continues to grow.

http://www.brecorder.com/pakistan/i...ay-pacific-upgrades-reservations-system-.html

MMIKEY likes this.
  2. spaced2
    Original Member

spaced2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    completed is a very strong word. There are still many lingering issues - apparently AA is seeing CX award space, and when they go to book Cathay is returning as unable to sell....but not before the agents provide their customers with a PNR and hang up. I've been engaged in a song and dance since monday trying to get a seat in F that may or may not actually exist.

3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it LAX -> HKG? I lost a first award for nov because CX switched to a biz only aircraft (plus ecconomy etc - no first). I finally found a news story on it, also the CX schedule shows it as no First... I ended up downgrading the award to biz and got some points back.

4. spaced2
    Original Member

spaced2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    no, i already booked JFK-HKG-SYD in Dec/Jan so just trying to get back from Australia. Had seen award seat on HKG-JFK (in fact it's still showing up) on the date I want but every time the agent goes to book it gets cancelled out :(

5. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    CX885/884 will no longer feature first effective Sep 1st as it will be operated by the 77G (It is J, Y+, Y configuration; not an exclusive biz cabin only a/c). CX883/881/882/880 OTOH will still have F.

iolaire likes this.
  6. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    (It is J, Y+, Y configuration; not an exclusive biz cabin only a/c). Please will you explain what you mean here? Is it a bad thing versus the current international Biz?

We are bummed to miss First – which we have done before - but want to keep the flight since it was the only route available that got us back without an overnight.

7. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    It means it is an aircraft equipped with business, premium economy and economy. Meaning it's not a "biz only aircraft" that you alluded to. Business class for this 77G aircraft configuration is the cirrus new J seat which is a vast improvement over the herringbone "coffin" seats that have received tons of complaints.

iolaire likes this.
  8. MMIKEY

MMIKEY New Member

Status Points:
    CX system still must be having problems, I just checked my flights and they still don't list outbound times on the reservation, even though its on their schedule page

Any one else notice this on their reservations ?

27 Sep 2012, Thu​
    CX883​
    LAX
    HKG
    00:00​
    00:00​
    77W
    First (Z) R
    Confirmed​
    --​
    29 Sep 2012, Sat​
    CX713​