Cathay Pacific Completes Business Class Lounge Renovations At The Wing, The Airline’s Flagship Loung

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by sobore, Feb 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.etravelblackboardasia.co...ing-the-airlines-flagship-lounge-in-hong-kong

Cathay Pacific Airways has reopened its Level 7 Business Class Lounge of The Wing at Hong Kong International Airport following an extensive renovation. The newly opened 1,935-square-metre Level 7 lounge, together with the 1,002-square-metre Business Class Lounge on Level 6 that reopened in April last year, offers a new level of comfort and service for passengers flying out of Hong Kong.

The Wing, the airline’s flagship lounge at Hong Kong International Airport, is currently going through a complete refurbishment in order to maintain its position as one of the world’s best airline lounges and to help satisfy the growing demand for lounge usage in Hong Kong. The final phase of renovations for The Wing will be for the First Class Lounge, which will begin shortly. Designed by London-based architects Foster + Partners, The Wing renovations will be completed in full by the fourth quarter of 2012.

2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks good!

3. Nelumbo
    Original Member

Nelumbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried the shower room the other day, and it was really good. The hallway to the shower room area is very stylish.

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Has the first class side closed yet? Guess I'll find out later in the month when I pass through HKG a couple of times as an F passenger. If memory serves they'll be blocking off part of the business side for F passengers during the renovation? But no dedicated restaurant during that time, which I won't miss, I really didn't like the Haven ... it's buffet food only and the restaurant space while well lit had no natural light, I didn't see much reason to sit down in the restaurant vs. take a plate of food out to the seating area looking out over the terminal.

5. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you don't like anything you find in the buffet, you can always ask the waiter of the options they have a la carte for alternatives. No printed menus like the CCR, TPR, etc and subject to availability but I've gotten grilled salmon, stuffed chicken, etc just to name a few things not normally on the buffet option simply by asking. There is also no signage indicating an a la carte option is there but it exist and if you don't ask, you don't get. This a la carte stuff is also available for the Haven at the Pier.

cennas likes this.
  6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Wasn't complaining about the food, just saying that the Haven seating area isn't that great and I prefer just to sit out on the couches overlooking the terminal while I snack.

7. xakl

xakl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not yet. I think it is closing sometime in March and reopening towards the end of the year. I suspect that one of the changes will be to bring the Haven (which will also change from buffet to waiter service) out into the open, similar to with what they have done with the Noodle Bar over on the Business side.

8. girlsmom
    Original Member

girlsmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was just in the Wing last week. Beautiful!!

gleff likes this.