Cathay Pacific Adding Wifi On A350s

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 24, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

A few years back I was almost morally opposed to wifi on planes. In a way, planes were somewhere I could disconnect and recharge, since I'm otherwise basically connected to technology 24/7/365. However, my impression of inflight wifi has shifted dramatically over the years. It has changed my life for domestic flying, as I can stay connected and work while flying, which greatly reduces the opportunity cost of moving around the country. Meanwhile on international flights I've also come to love inflight internet. While I don't necessarily work as efficiently on international flights as on domestic flights (since there's more to "enjoy"), it is nice to have a wifi connection so I can at least make sure nothing exciting is going on in the world. I absolutely love Cathay Pacific's first class product, though it does drive me slightly bonkers that they don't have onboard wifi. They're otherwise a pretty cutting edge airline, so I find it puzzling that they don't see the value in investing in inflight wifi. The post Cathay Pacific Adding Wifi On A350s appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...