Cathay award on aa.com showing incorrect class of service?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by skit53, Jun 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. skit53
    Original Member

skit53 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought I read a previous poster mention this issue before but I tried searching and could not find it.

Regardless, I have a business class CX award ticket booked through AA. On the website in my reservations, the itinerary shows up having a U class, but it says "economy".

This is just a website glitch correct? The actual fare class is still Business.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It's in the "Heartattack" thread. LINK. :)

Short answer:

It's a known glitch. AA cannot fix it for you right now. You should be fine as long as your seat assignment reflects the correct cabin. Get the CX record locator and log into their website to print out info if you have concerns.

skit53 likes this.
  3. skit53
    Original Member

skit53 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I did exactly what you said and it's good.

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Indeed, what matters is not the class of service that aa.com says the flight is in, but rather the booking class and AA.com will show that correctly.

So if it says Z that's first class, U it's business class, even though AA.com will sometimes say business and economy respectively.

And indeed when you pull up the reservation on the Cathay Pacific website it will show correctly :) (Just get your CX record locator either from AA or by calling CX)

5. SpecialK
    Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah what a timely thread after my heart attack seeing myself from NRT-ORD, not in JL F, but in "economy" on the e reciept, and business on the website. Z is the booking class. . My KUL-NRT also shows as "shuttle". AA.com still shows me in F (seat) so I guess it's ok, as in the CX situation? I assume that JL has a separate record locator as well so will phone up AA for it.

6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm confused on some of what you've said, but from what I've gathered you're on the right track.... ;)

7. SpecialK
    Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Status Points:
    I aim to confuse. The more, the better. :) Just saying that my JL flights are showing incorrect on the AA website + the emailed itinerary - but my seats show in F. I've called AA for the record locators for both CX and JL - JAL.com isn't yet reflecting the locator on the website so I'm giving it a few more hours to see if it shows up.

ETA - it's all good. JAL.com is showing the correct itinerary. :)

8. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here, just check your CX or JAL flights directly with respective airlines -- they show correct booking and code/class.