Cashback reservations !

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, Jun 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Who has recently received cashback money from any cashback site? and if yes, from which?

GoodBoy likes this.
  2. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep. Got my PB stays from Igraal.de - the rate varied from EUR 2 to 4, better than nothing.

GoodBoy likes this.
  3. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    ONLY for US residents :
    Upromise 6% Cashback (Only for US Residents)

GoodBoy likes this.
  4. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now that IHG has quit most cashback sites, I have found that they still do offer bonus Chase Sapphire points via the UR Mall, which uses the same 9061xxxx IATA commission code. Or if U have no Chase card, try the VIA Preference Boutique, however, it's notorious for forgetting to give bonus points!

GoodBoy likes this.
  5. i got 20% back from Shopathome not long ago, but after a battle, the max i've seen lately is 8-10%, maybe more for the UK based site Quidco

6. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    GoodBoy likes this.
  7. for most of them if they pay by PayPal, you can set up an account anywhere, so it doesn't matter, many in the US use Quidco the UK based one

Rosalia likes this.
  8. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Goodboy, never paid by paypal, just made recently a reservation in IC Marseille and regret so much my Ebates cashback, it is a pity.......tried Fatwallet and it turned out they only offer vouchers, right?

GoodBoy likes this.
  9. no, if they pay you by Paypal v a cheque, you can register your address anywhere, for instance if in the US and wanting to use Quidco

Rosalia likes this.
  10. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    You mean I can give an address in the USA and receive a cheque the same way I used to do with Ebates?
    Just tried Fatwallet : and here below :
    InterContinental Hotels & Resorts Coupons Offers Only

GoodBoy likes this.
  11. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't think quidco is offering cashback for IHG either.

GoodBoy likes this.
  12. yes you're right

13. give an address anywhere in the world, and have a PayPal account set up where they pay you by PP

14. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would think you could get your Paypal money transferred to another bank account. I know I do withdrawals this way with my us based PayPal account.

15. yes, but i think the issue was using Quidco in the UK if you were US or elsewhere based, the suggestion was utilising a PP account for Quidco et al to pay into, and yes then from PP, accessing the cash however you like

16. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only one I can confirm that's still giving cash back is Upromise. I just had a stay last weekend and the 6% cash posted to my account today.

GoodBoy likes this.
  17. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since hotel club is part of Orbitz, you will have to fore go status, and loyalty points, but for 14% cash I can live with it.

GoodBoy likes this.
  18. if RA with the double points promotion (that ends July 31) you earn 30 points per $ spent, equivalent to 21 c on the $ or 21% rebate via points, usually 20 points, 14%

DJP_707 likes this.
  19. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since I currently have over 1 million IHG points, I'd be more apt to go for the Cash back right now. But I liked it better when I got cash back and loyalty points.

On another note, recently I noticed that IHG rewards has been having the front desk clerk write your point balance on the room key folder.
    Front desk agents seem way more impressed with the number of points I have then my actual status, Platinum, RA etc..
    I've gotten some comments like "wow you have a lot of points" and I just say thanks and that I spend way to much time on the road, any chance you were able to upgrade my room?

GoodBoy likes this.
  20. i like the cash back too, i'm looking foward to the points too for offshore IC's, ie outside of the Americas.

i noticed that for the first time this stay, they wrote the points on the room key folder, MXM135 from FT tells me that unless you request your point balance under the T&C they shouldn't be providing it to you, yes i've got quite a few, no redemptions for a few years, and tend to agree, i think i'll just let them accumulate, and hope it assists with the upgrades:)

21. I have plenty of points also but one must always remember that they are depreciating assets in today's world. Our mutual friend shareholder aka Canadi>n doesn't seem to understand that point but he does indeed spend his points. He doesn't like the redemption depreciation however.

GoodBoy likes this.
  22. actually, for sometime i've planned on using them for some of the more expensive properties, Paris, London or resorts like Bali, Bora Bora, or the PointBreaks, nxt time the Fiji IC appears on the Pointbreaks i'll jump on it, have you heard if they upgrade, provide RA benefits on PointBreaks stays?

23. London Park Lane does as that is where I use my points mostly because my daughter lives nearby. The Barclay does as well and Montreal also.

GoodBoy likes this.