'Cashback' on all hotel bookings (without losing status perks)

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Price123, Dec 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hope this isn't beyond T+C of Milepoint - had a read and doesn't seem to be. I also hope this is of some help to you. I will only post here once, as I mean it as a heads up about a service that might be useful, not simply promotion.

My husband and I run a reviews website on a non-commercial basis - no advertising, no credit card referrals etc. We also organise a couple of social events for frequent travellers every year, such as the Hyatt London Do in October, Maldives Do (August 2013) and KL/Thailand in Feb 2014 (no profit, these run at a loss).

As travel consultants, we are able to receive commission for making hotel bookings, when a rate is commissionable (note that the negotiated rates generally are not). However, 10% seems quite a lot to receive back for a simple booking.

As such, we have decided to take a chance on offering cashback (in the form of Hyatt Gift Cheques). We have a basic website up and running (link in signature) so if anyone would like to earn 3% upwards back on their hotel stays, please join. As the booking is made direct with a hotel provider, all status benefits, point earning etc apply.

We also have special offers, e.g. bookings made this week earn 4% back, plus an extra 2% on Park Hyatt bookings (to make 6%), plus an extra $10 for 10 nights.