Cash Out Home Improvement Gift Card

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by duc1986d, Apr 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. duc1986d

duc1986d Silver Member

1. Go to Office Depot to buy $500 Home Improvement gift card with your Chase Ink credit card (earn 2,500 Ultimate Reward Points)
    2. Go through online shopping portals to buy Sears physical gift card paying with Home Improvement card. At the moment Ultimate Reward is giving 4 points/$ and US Airways portal is giving 6 points/$ (this will become AA points soon so rack it up people)
      • Sears put $1 hold on your Home Improvement card therefore you can order a maximum amount of $499 from your $500 card
      • Remember to buy Sears physical gift card to earn points – electronic card might not earn points
      • This trick will give you either 1,996 Ultimate Reward points or 2,994 US Airways points
    3. Go to Sears store to buy Visa/Amex/Master gift cards with Sears physical gift cards. Instruction is in this post. This will depend on your hard work and your luck since some Sears stores don’t sell Visa gift cards or don’t let you buy them with Sears gift card. I believe with hard work, you will be able to find your gold mine
      • Sears sell $100 Visa gift card with $5.95 fees
      • I don’t think you earn Shop Your Way Award (Sears loyalty program) points with Visa gift card purchase. But feel free to prove me wrong
    4. Buying $500 Visa gift cards at Sears will cost $30 but will give you 2,500 Ultimate Rewards + 3,000 US Airways points. Assuming these two points are the same, cost per point = .54 cent/point
    5. Use Amazon payment to liquidate $1,000 of Visa gift cards per month for free. Alternatively, use American Express at Target to load a $1,000 at a time for $3 fees.
      • $3 per reload in-store
      • $3 per ATM withdrawal after the first free withdrawal each month. Note that ATM owner fees apply as well.
      • Number of cards: Each person is allowed up to two cards. Only one may be purchased in a day.
      • Maximum balance: $2500 per card
      • ATM withdrawals: Limited to $400 per day
      • You can load up to $5,000 per month (potentially $10,000 per month)
    You can also buy Vanilla Reload at Valero, Dollar General and Family Dollar with Visa Gift Cards
    I wrote that on my blog here (no need to click on it)
  2. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

all of this info has been out there for a while, yes?