Cars at T.F. Green Airport, Warwick/Providence, RI (PVD)

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by WhiteDesert, Sep 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a nice little airport with one of the easier car rental experiences I've come across. The rental companies share space in an enormous parking garage facility that connects to the airport terminal through a glass-enclosed walkway. Travelers are directed (pretty good signage) toward the elevated walkway from baggage claim (you must go up several floors). The walkway delivers you directly to the various counters and the elevator bank that takes you to the cars. National cars are on the fifth floor of the facility and there is an Aisle. I've found the staff to be quite pleasant and the selection to be "okay."

Notes:
    The walkway is several hundred meters long from baggage claim to cars, crossing over several parking lots and a road before you get to the cars. There are moving walkways and such. The entire distance from bag to car is enclosed, making for a good experience when the weather is poor.

There are several hotels within literal walking distance to the airport, including a Sheraton, a Hampton Inn, and a Radisson. The Hampton Inn is adjacent to the airport and the Sheraton is several hundred meters away down Route 1, but I have walked from it to the terminal.

2. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    6-10 September 2013; Executive
    black Jeep Compass; 3167 miles out.