Cars at San Jose (SJC)

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by viguera, Apr 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm spending a week in San Francisco but flew into SJC, renting from National as an Executive.

The location is not that far, but it's a separate building from the airport, so you have to walk from baggage claim quite a distance to the rental car shuttle before being taken to the consolidated rental facility. I'm not talking "walk outside to the shuttle" either, I'm talking walk probably the equivalent of a city block or two outside to the shuttle pickup area. Not a big deal in sunny California weather, but if it's chilly or raining or you're dragging a lot of baggage it could be a hassle.

If you're an elite you can just take the elevator to the 6th floor, head to the aisle and grab what you want.

A fairly decent selection... a few Kias, Altima S and Maximas, along with a couple of Chargers and a few Hyundais. A lot of 200s too, and unfortunately everything seems to be mixed in right there in the same aisle.

Nothing really unique from what I could see, and certainly no funky two door sports cars (although I did see an old Mustang in there).

Sweet Willie, Newscience and gregm like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    my recollection as well from the last time I rented from SJC

3. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depends upon the terminal. Terminal B is very convenient.

viguera likes this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed I was on Delta, thus Terminal A.

The "luxury" aisle had some really nice stuff BTW. A couple of Infiniti vehicles and a BMW or two.

5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was at SJC on Monday the 28. Yeah I didn't see much difference between EXec and the Emerald.

viguera likes this.