Cars at Orlando

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by viguera, Apr 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just came back from a week in Orlando. A ton of sedans, some very nice stuff, but very limited selection of SUVs or anything bigger -- as expected, since people with kids are all over the place this time of year.

It still wasn't terrible, although we arrived LATE (Delta, SMH) and the counter wasn't manned -- it was shared with Alamo, which had a terrible line. Not a big deal if you're just going to the aisle or using the kiosk, but a datapoint nonetheless.

They had a lot of Chargers (seems like every rental car in Orlando is a Charger nowadays), a few Chrysler 200s and even a couple of Dodge Darts in the Executive aisle, which I found interesting. I guess if that's your preference, then go for it :)

Not a bad location... directly across the street from baggage claim. It's a bit of a hike but quicker than having to board a shuttle.

Newscience likes this.
  2. andy0113

andy0113 Active Member

Status Points:
    I Got back from 2 weeks in Orlando on sunday, as it was just me and the O/H I was hoping for a big boys toy, The Executive aisle didn't disappoint with 3 2014 Challengers, I went for one in solid black with 6k on the odo :) there where 4 or 5 4x4s and a couple of pickup trucks there with everything else being standard fare.

Newscience and viguera like this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Back in Orlando and again plenty of funky stuff.

A lot of Chargers, a few Dodge Nitro's (?), and a few others (a Huyndai and a Buick sedan got my attention but they didn't have push button start)

No convertibles today and no SUVs, although they did have a Navigator and an Infiniti SUV in the Executive aisle but it was only to try to push you into an upgrade to the luxury side.

Not a terrible experience, although I did end up with a Charger with 12k on the odo, but it moves well in spite of being 12k rental car miles :)

Newscience likes this.
  4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing but SUVs, minivans, a couple of Jeeps and a couple of pickup trucks last week. Really -- not a single sedan. Not in the executive aisle and not in the regular emerald aisle. Weird.