Cars at Bradley International Airport, Hartford, Connecticut (BDL)

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by WhiteDesert, Dec 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    This location has an aisle.
    You take a shuttle bus from the terminal for a short ride (<1 klick) to the facility. I91 is clearly signed and easily reached.

2. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    15 November 2013, Executive.
    Blue Dodge Charger, 88 miles out.

My sister and I dropped in separately and met each other at baggage. She sees this car from the shuttle bus and goes "Yup--that's the one. I want us to snag that one."

I hated this car. And so did she by the end of the weekend...

3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Used my Emerald Club Executive for the first time here at BDL last week, and am back this week. Rented a big Chrysler 300 last time out - fully loaded, had a back-up camera and built-in GPS and Sirius radio - a sweet ride and it drove great in the snow. Only mini-complaint was that the mileage wasn't great, but that's to be expected with such a big car.

Got a Nissan Maxima this time out, as the cars were pretty picked over, with a less than half-full Executive aisle. The Nissan is O.K., but has a few minor issues, such as the passenger's side heat/airco doesn't function, and it came with an analog radio (didn't know that they still were being made!), and the FM radio stations dies out with the poor reception.

So I guess that it's "Caveat emptor" with the vehicle that you select from the lot! All the folks working at this location were extra courteous, and I suspect that if I brought back the Nissan, they'd trade it out with a replacement, but, honestly, it's not that big of a deal. All things considered, it's great to be able to skip the lines and use those Emerald Club Executive privileges! Thanks, Milepoint!

4. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    23 January 2015, Executive.
    White VW Jetta, 2636 miles out.

Very sparse offerings on the aisle on Friday. Grabbed this Jetta because it was the best option. It actually handled very well in the snow (the roads in the portion of western MA that I was in were pretty crap).

Newscience likes this.
  5. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    2 April 2015, Executive.
    Silver Jeep Cherokee, 474 miles out.

Nothing really wrong with this vehicle except that the new nose design is not my cup of tea (at all...).
    Overall--meh.

I'll keep my Rubicon, thank you very much...

Newscience likes this.
  6. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    My Emerald Club Executive privileges went when the year ended, not enough rentals to maintain. Of course, it would be nice to see this again in the P3 (2017?). If you need a reasonably-priced rental and lack status with the "big guys", head over to Enterprise. They have better prices and great weekend specials.

WhiteDesert likes this.
  7. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    Yeah--the only thing I really have against Enterprise is the walk of shame around the vehicle at the beginning and the hard sell on the daily insurance.

flyforawg and Newscience like this.
  8. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    After a bad experience some time ago with Enterprise ("That 3" scratch wasn't there when you rented our vehicle"), I avoided them for a long time. But the competition for car rentals must have provided some corporate truth. The Enterprise dealerships I've used over the past few years have been very customer-savvy, and provide some great deals, especially for weekend rentals.

WhiteDesert likes this.
  9. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    Good intel. I've been largely avoiding them for the last perhaps three years. I'll do some comparison shopping and perhaps dip my toe back in.
    Thanks!

10. WhiteDesert

Status Points:
    25 June 2015, Executive.
    Maroon Jeep Patriot, 6731 miles out.

This was an okay vehicle.