Cars at Boston BOS Massachusetts

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by Sweet Willie, Dec 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    EE aisle had a 2011 Saab 9-5 (first time I've ever have seen a Saab at National), I was quite pleased as we took a drive for a day along the north shore up to Plum Island, of course stopping at Woodman's in Essex for some fried clams.

Normal rate was $268 per day:eek:

boondr, jbcarioca and Kalboz like this.
  2. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    The white one? I've rented it a couple of times. I'm somewhat convinced it's the same car as it's exactly the same inside and out and it's not a common rental. We have a Saab or two at ATL as well.

jbcarioca and Sweet Willie like this.
  3. photog72
    Original Member

photog72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    jbcarioca likes this.
  4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    no I didn't see the white one, this was a mix of DARK green/metallic grey, very neat color (we thought)

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to hear there is more than one. Maybe I'll get that one some day :)

6. BostonGator

BostonGator Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rented from BOS in early January and was able to snag a low mileage Volvo S60 T5 off the executive selection. Lots of the standard isle cars, but also a few nice SUVs (loaded Durangos and Explorers). I have another reservation this weekend and will report back with a more detailed list.

7. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had a silver S60 from BOS and loved it. Very comfy for those long trips on the Pike

8. photog72
    Original Member

photog72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Keep an eye out for a red Infiniti G37X. When I was there on Dec. 24, there was one available in the EA/ES lot. Unfortunately, my families' baggage wouldn't fit in the trunk (yet it fit in my wife's '04 Honda Civic). We wound up in a Mazda CX-9. A nice GMC Tahoe was available as well. Otherwise, the selection was putrid on that day.

9. heatherj

heatherj Member

Status Points:
    The selection in BOS is one of the best I have seen throughout the system. They always have a very large selection of premium cars in the Executive Selection. It's one place I know I won't have to worry about ending up in a icky Impala.

10. photog72
    Original Member

photog72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Visited National at BOS on July 25, around 6pm. I saw someone driving off in a Hyundai Genesis and a Nissan Murano were there. Otherwise, the selection was putrid. I asked the greeter, named Iesha, if she could bring a mini-van out. She brought a 2012 Chrysler Town & County with 875 miles on the odometer out. It fit my needs perfectly, since it had the rear seat DVD entertainment system for my 3 y/o.

11. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was told that the Saab is no longer, RIP.

jbcarioca likes this.
  12. photog72
    Original Member

photog72 Gold Member

Status Points:
  13. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just got a new Taurus loaded in a nice deep red color. It was very pleasant. I'd have chosen something else, but the majority were Impalas and giant SUV's, and I hate those.

14. photog72
    Original Member

photog72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update. I'll be there in a few weeks. If the forecast calls for snow, I'll opt for something that is 4WD or AWD. Otherwise, I'll ask them to pull up a mini-van (we're a family of four). Every greeter in the EA/ES lot I've dealt with has been friendly/pleasant.

jbcarioca likes this.
  15. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    A colleague rents at BOS every week. He also has a family of four, including two two-year-olds. He has never failed to have a 4wd SUV there, he says.

Sweet Willie and photog72 like this.
  16. photog72
    Original Member

photog72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rented from National at BOS last night. The shuttle bus was packed! Good news: the greeter pulled a 4wd 2012 Cadillac SRX for us. Bad news: it has 31700 miles on it. And the XM preview is over. So, no satellite radio. Otherwise, it has been a good car to drive.

jbcarioca likes this.
  17. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    BOS Executive, 11 January 2012: GMC Terrain; 212 miles out (I doubled the mileage...;)).

This thing had some bells and whistles...sheesh. I have to say, though--I hated it. The visibility was dreadful. It drove just fine and had good acceleration, but I couldn't see toward the rear quarters very well at all.

jbcarioca likes this.
  18. photog72
    Original Member

photog72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update to my rental. Two things about this Cadillac SRX. It was NOT a 4wd SRX. It was 2wd. How do I know? I recently saw a SRX with the badge on the back of SRX4. There was no 4 on the back of the SRX I rented.

2nd issue: The headlights were pitiful. They are not HIDs, so they barely lit up the road at night. My 7 year old Subaru lights up the road a whole lot better than this SUV does.

My recommendation: Stay away from this vehicle if you expect snow and/or are going to drive it at night.

jbcarioca likes this.