Cars at Birmingham, AL (BHM)

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by dgreen12, Aug 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's no Emerald Aisle service at BHM, so everyone has to stop at the National location (in the airport garage across the street from the terminal) to get a car assigned to them.

For those who normally receive Emerald Aisle service, ignore the signs in the garage that direct you to the National counter and look for the National booth closer to where the cars are actually located.

As an Executive member, I was directed to select a vehicle out of about 8 choices. Ended up picking a Chevy Equinox --- there was also a larger SUV available.

There were about six sedans. I'm sorry to report that I did not pay any attention to any of them and zeroed in on the Equinox (it was late in the evening after the third segment to get to BHM from Spokane WA).

To the best of my recollection, there were no exciting cars to choose from.

The good news about BHM is that once you've selected your vehicle and have been given the keys, there's no attendant at an exit gate to look at your license and your paperwork when you leave --- so head for the exit and drive off to your destination.

Return process was not well-signed. Drive past the booth where you got your car, there are parking spaces on the left side to park in for the return process. Attendants are at the booth to process your return quickly.

uggboy, vickers and Newscience like this.