Carlsson Club: Radisson best rate guarantee

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Skyraider, Jan 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Skyraider

Skyraider Active Member

Status Points:
    Any experiences? Will they generally honor lower rates or - like IHG - use any means possible to avoid it?

E.g. You can book a room att Radisson Blu Resort Phuket for
    USD /night on the webb (Deluxe Seaview, best avilable rate) and for 105 USD at hotels.com (same dates). Will they honor the lower rate? It is listed as "special rate" on hotels.com (the "non discounted rate at hotels.com is 140 USD /night) and the terms on Club Carlsson
    http://www.clubcarlson.com/lrg/termsconditions.do exclude "exclusive offers". Is a hotels.com "special rate" an "exclusive offer".

Best

iolaire likes this.
  2. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Doesn't hotels.com call all their discounted rates "special rate"? Should be fine! I think all rates found through hotels.com will be valid, as long as the rate is still the same when Carlson CS searches for it (might take up to a day after you submit your claim in my experience).

Just remember to print out the confirmation from Carlson CS and have it with you when checking out, there isn't necessarily any automatic update to your price in the hotels own systems..

flyingdawg and iolaire like this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please let us know how it works out.

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. Skyraider

Skyraider Active Member

Status Points:
    Rate changed before I booked, unfortuneatly. Now180. Might consider it anyway

5. Skyraider

Skyraider Active Member

Status Points:
    S
    Hotels.com changed the deal. Now you can get a Deluxe Room for 148 if you stay four nights, At radisson.com it is around 240 for the cheapest room (another room type though so I guess you cant match) the same dates.

Deluxe Seaview at hotels.com now 171. The Rates on radisson.com is non refundable though. at hotels.com refundable. Why cant you find refundable rates at radisson.com?

6. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's strange.. never seen that in any other Radisson property (except if you use the "best price guarantee" (which makes the discounted price non-refundable)).
    Even with award nights it says:

It doesn't even specify what a "late cancellation" is.
    It must be the policies of this specific property. I just hope it's not something other properties picks up on, I love the fact that you can usually cancel a booking up until 6pm the day of check-in without penalty.

However, I think even with hotels.com you'd have to cancel atleast one week in advance to avoid fees at this particular hotel..

Skyraider likes this.
  7. Vik Murthy
    Original Member

Vik Murthy Silver Member

Status Points:
    For those of you enrolled in the Club Carlson "Big Night Giveaway" and needing to book a stay at a Radisson before July 15th for as little as possible, here's a tip from a little birdie.

1. Book one night in a double room at the Radisson O'Hare on Sat, July 14th for $119 before taxes on the Club Carlson website. Make sure that you first go to the TopCashBack site and then click through to Club Carlson to get 10% in cash back.

2. File a Best Rate Guarantee claim with Club Carlson referencing OctopusTravel.com. OctopusTravel.com shows the same double room on the night of July 14th for $99.47.

3. You will invariably get a rejection e-mail from Club Carlson claiming that they couldn't find the $99.47 rate or that it isn't apples to apples. At this point, call Club Carlson customer service to have them reconsider. You should point out to them that the $99.47 rate is for an identical room as what you booked online (has free internet and pictures prove that it has a balcony) and that it includes 13% hotel tax.

If all goes well, you'll end up with a nightly rate below $75, which isn't too bad for a Radisson. It also helps bring your cost per point or cost per mile (if you transfer to an airline) down considerably.

Cheers.

8. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have filed two BRG claims with Radisson and both were approved.

In one case (Philadelphia), I cited three different websites. The reply from Radisson pointed out that two didn't count (one quoted in Euros, which I had somehow missed, and another did not break out taxes), but they honored the third one, which was also the cheapest. I got a $220 room for $98, pre tax.

In the other case (Milan, Italy Park Inn) I was already traveling and did not get back to them within the specified 24 hours or so after I got the acceptance of the BRG, which brought the rate down to 60 Euros (from 100, I think). When I finally did email back, asking if the 60 BRG was still valid they did honor it -- and, in fact, applied a further 25% discount to the already discounted 60 Euro rate, making the rate 45 Euros! I even tried to explain this when I checked in at the Park Inn, but they weren't interested in hearing what I had to say (I had to push pretty strenuously to get them to research the BRG to begin with).

9. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had pretty good luck with Carlson, unlike Starwood and Hilton. Kayak is a big help.