Carlson Family & Friends Rate (Radisson + Park Plaza)

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by servus, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
    This promo is around for several years. It has been extended twice so far and even if the former link does not work anymore, the promotion is still alive. I recently stayed at the Radisson Frankfurt, my colleague stayed at the Mayfair London and is currently staying at the Radisson Wiesbaden using the F&F rate without any problems. So, here are the former T&C which haven't been updated [yet] ...

A Minimum of 25% Off Your Next Leisure Stay [most likely 80€ / $80 or equivalent per night]
    Exclusively for Family & Friends of Carlson

Vacations. Family reunions. A well-deserved weekend getaway to recharge. It's time for a break!

The Carlson Hotels Worldwide family of brands invites all employees, affiliates, partners, franchisees, family and friends of the entire Carlson organization including Carlson Marketing, Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Carlson Restaurants Worldwide and Carlson Hotels Worldwide to enjoy special savings at our hotels around the world.

Book today and save a minimum of 25% off your next stay at participating Regent® Hotels & Resorts, Radisson® Hotels & Resorts, Park Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Country Inn & Suites By Carlsonsm and Park Inn® hotels using the Carlson Family & Friends rate through December 2010. This offer is not available on business travel. See below for full terms and conditions.

So plan your getaway today! And remember to share this offer with your family and friends [there's no need for "paperwork"! This relates to the Carlson Employee Rate, something totally different]

Terms and Conditions
    The Carlson Family & Friends offer ("Promotion") is available for new reservations at participating Regent Hotels & Resorts, Radisson Hotels & Resorts, Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Country Inns & Suites By Carlson and Park Inn worldwide for Eligible Stays through December 2010 ("Promotion Dates"). An Eligible Stay is defined as a booking at the same hotel regardless of the number of times the consumer checks-in or checks-out during the stay and for which the consumer specifically requested the Promotion via phone or on-line at the time of the reservation. Extra person charges may apply if exceeding double occupancy. Offer is not available for corporate travel. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other package, promotion, group or convention rate, or any other discounted rate. Discount applies only to standard room charges (single or double occupancy) and does not include food, beverage, incidental charges, service charges, gratuities or tax. Participating hotels are subject to change without notice and the number of rooms available for this Promotion at participating hotels may be limited. Hotel amenities are subject to change and availability without notice at any time. Radisson Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to add, modify or discontinue these terms and conditions or the Promotion with or without notice. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.

To take advantage of this offer, just follow these five steps:

1. Go to www.radisson.com
    2. Click "More Search Options"
    3. Fill in your reservation information
    4. Enter CARLSONF in the "Promotional Code" field
    5. Click "Find Hotels"

Be aware that this rate is not available at any hotel on every single day! If you don't find your desired dates, change dates, check day by day instead of for a period of 3,4 or 5 days, or try again a few days later. Even if it might sound weird, but if your dates are not available on www.radisson.com make sure to also check www.radissonblue.com. I was able to book my hotel twice using this site, while it wasn't available on www.radisson.com

UPDATE: NEW LINK WITH ACTUAL T&C

2. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I will keep it in mind. The rate seems OK.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Flyer_Esq
    Original Member

Flyer_Esq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Servus, you beat me to this post! I love the Carlson Friends and Family rate and have used it many times all over the U.S. Recently used it at the Radisson in Newport Beach. Typically it takes the Radisson rate down to $80 a night and the Country Inn & Suites rate down to $70 a night. No questions asked, and saves me on average $40 - $60 a night.

As you stated above, if you are staying for a few days in a row and the rate is not available, try it for each day individually and you'll see which day is preventing you from getting the rate.

Kalboz and servus like this.
  4. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Am I right thinking that if you use this rate, you do not earn any Goldpointsplus points on such stay?

Kalboz likes this.
  5. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, this rate does not qualify for points.

Kalboz likes this.
  6. GUWonder
    Original Member

GUWonder Silver Member

Status Points:
    80 USD or 80 EUR (or the equivalent of one or the other aforementioned prices in local currency) is the general standard for the Radisson/Radisson Blu brand properties in this group.

In a place like Manhattan, I sometimes do better with a BORG matched+discounted price at a property like the Radisson @Lexington&48th than I would with the CARLSONF rate (which is often not available at the relevant Radisson properties when I am trying to book rooms there).

Kalboz likes this.
  7. Aro

Aro Silver Member

Status Points:
    Love this deal which has saved me a ton over the last year.

Kalboz likes this.
  8. anng3
    Original Member

anng3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is BORG?

Kalboz likes this.
  9. slice19
    Original Member

slice19 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just tried this and it tells me to correct the promotional code field. Is it possible the code OP posted is wrong?

Kalboz likes this.
  10. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
    NO! Information provided is correct! Just checked several properties and it still works perfect! However make sure to read my ENTIRE post!

Kalboz likes this.
  11. grand voyageur
    Original Member

grand voyageur Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a great value for expensive cities like NYC, Paris, London and in my case Amsterdam and Vienna where 4* hotels are double or triple the price. Not such a good deal in "cheaper" cities like Berlin or Brussels. I also like that they're fully flexible reservations, so just book the hotels when they show up and you can always cancel if you change your plans.

Kalboz likes this.
  12. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering that as well! looking to stay at lexington in a few weeks, and prices are >300.
    CARLSONF gives me NJ and Rochelle, so GUWonder - what is BORG? :)

Kalboz likes this.
  13. GUWonder
    Original Member

GUWonder Silver Member

Status Points:
    "Best online rate guarantee" = BORG. Last month, the hotel property's own website (not the radisson.com version of it) had a discounted rate cheaper than what was showing up on Carlson/Radisson websites and using the BORG would lower the price even further.

Kalboz likes this.
  14. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    ah.. it's the one where if you find it more than $1 cheaper elsewhere they lower their price accordingly + another 25% off? I read about it, but never thought I would find it cheaper (other than on hotwire or similar sites which probably wouldn't count)

Kalboz likes this.
  15. Have used CARLSONF several times in Europe, and it's always included breakfast.

Kalboz likes this.
  16. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    does it however qualify as a 'stay' in terms of status-earning? (Like stay XX nights to earn gold)

Kalboz likes this.
  17. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    Price both with and without the code, I just did a search for PDX and the rate went up with the code.

Kalboz likes this.
  18. lenkalr

lenkalr New Member

Status Points:
    Hi I just tried to use this code in the radisson plaza in philadelphia and it worked reducing the rate from 206 to 80 dollars but it says I will have to provide the name of the employee. Is this true or do they not check the names

Kalboz likes this.
  19. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    They have right to ask for the employer's name. Same thing works here in Scandinavia but it is the staff who will have to make the reservation on behalf of the friend coming to stay at the hotel.

Kalboz likes this.