Card that waives first bag fees on all Star Alliance carriers?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by DCAview, Dec 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DCAview
    Original Member

DCAview Silver Member

Status Points:
    A colleague at work tells me that he has a United/Continental credit card that waives first-bag fees on all Star Alliance carriers, not just UA/CO. He claims that with the card, he's been able to have both US Airways and Air Canada waive bag fees on his flights.

This doesn't sound correct to me, but he swears that it's true. He doesn't have elite status on any Star carrier, so I don't think he's incorrectly attributing his frequent-flyer benefits to the credit card. He also doesn't know the name of the card. Free bags across Star certainly isn't a published benefit of even the top-tier UA/CO cards like the Presidential Plus.

Anyone have any idea what he's talking about?

2. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dream on..... Of course it would be nice to have such a benefit, but as far as I know, there is no such card. If he insists that he has that benefit, ask him to show you his card and T&C and how to apply ;)

3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could he be talking about the AmEx Platinum with the $200 airline fee credit?

4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amex does not wave fees, but reimburses up to $200 per calendar year and only for a specific carrier that you choose. So it does not reimburse for any Star Alliance carrier.