Car selections with National

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by mtlfire, Aug 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having recently signed up for the milepoint premium membership, I'll likely be throwing some car rentals towards National. Given some of the comments here about some really nice cars, I might even be moving a lot of my rentals that way.

Looking at the US fleet list on the National web site I notice it provides more the generic list and not the actual cars.

I was curious if they had any cars comparable to the Hertz Adrenaline collection: ie: Corvette, Camaro SS, Mustang GT?

Thanks!

Sweet Willie and uggboy like this.
  2. Philphactor
    Original Member

Philphactor Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am a Gold Club member with Hertz and an Executive with National, and have rented from both for a little more than a decade. I really haven't seen anything comparable to Adrenaline, Prestige, or Green. I would recommend sticking with Hertz when you have a specific type of car in mind for your rental. I've gotten a few Challengers and Chargers, but not the R/T models.

Do you have regular airports you fly in to? Someone may be able to provide specific information for those location(s).

mtlfire and uggboy like this.
  3. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    They don't have anything comparable to Hertz Adrenaline collection, but as a many year Hertz Presidents circle member, I rent from National a lot more than Hertz these days.

You'll love the Executive Aisle and the opportunity to pick your car when you book a mid size.

You'll frequently find Infinitis, Volvos, Volkswagen and Cadillacs in the aisle and as an Executive Elite, I've been successful in getting whatever I ask for if I can't find anything I want in the aisle. Sure, some smaller locations don't have a lot of cool stuff, but most aisle managers will give you what you' desire if they have it available

4. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've actually never seen adrenaline cars available outside of the Florida area, so largely I was thinking MCO, FLL, MIA, TPA etc. But I am going into PHX in a few weeks and did manage to get a Camaro SS.

As you mentioned I'll likely stick with Hertz for that and otherwise give National a try as the Executive Aisle comments tend to be a lot more interesting than what I've seen with Hertz. I usually luck out with Hertz when I get in so late on a Friday night that they have nothing left, so I get a Cadillac SUV or something.

5. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    My sweet spot is not Elite, just Executive. They recognize me now, and are likely to say "anything but luxury". Economy is just a couple of dollars a day less than midsize. My first Cruze, Sonic, and Elantra were all on Executive reservations, that I decided to go with the little cars instead. Occassionally they will point out that I am not getting my upgrade; but they have never refused my choice.
    Seems odd to me; but it seems to me that the most sought after vehicle at ATL by women as well as men is the midsize SUV.
    And lately I've been seeing Tahoe and Silverado on the Executive aisle.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  6. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    We've rented from both and are Hertz GC and National Elite. I've found the people at National to be more accommodating with what car I feel like taking. Considering we tend to do multi week rentals I have a habit of going back and swapping out cars throughout my stay. Last National rental I had for 6 weeks I was given a brand new Camaro, Challenger, 4dr Jeep, Lincoln MKZ, and an Infiniti G37S....not too shabby

7. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've gotten Mustangs two or three times in PHX and got a Hummer H3 in Vegas recently. It was fun!