Car Selection - LAX Executive Aisle

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by csyoung49, Dec 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. csyoung49

csyoung49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This past weekend, I decided to foray into LA with some friends to visit other friends and having executive status (thanks P2), I went and booked a car at national lax.

The car selection was probably one of the weirder ones I have seen and I've rented from Nationals across the country. I, personally, took a Toyota Avalon and it was probably the last one.

Mazda Miata - There were close to 8 or 9 Miata's in this section, a car I rarely see anywhere else.
    Rav 4 - There was only 2 left, I saw someone drive a third off.
    Mustangs - Probably the majority of the selection were Mustangs.
    Nissan Altima - A few left of these.

No other SUV's or Minivans were in sight in this section.

The premium upgrade section featured the Ford Fusion's...not sure if they were hybrids or not.

2. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Miata's? Really? I'd be all over that. Nice to have a little fun with a rental.

I've had some oddballs at LAX before as well. I've had a 350Z, G35, Mercedes C class, a MINI and a few others that aren't common. Loooooove coming across something different on the lot.

3. csyoung49

csyoung49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, Miata's are definitely the oddballs.

SJC National has a lot of Sedans. *Shrugs* it's like opening up a mystery box whenever you rent lol

4. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any recent experiences with the Emerald Aisle in LAX? I will be there in a couple of weeks