Car rental workers reveal the strangest, juiciest and craziest things that happen at the rental desk

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by sobore, Feb 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

EVERYONE’S heard the usual car rental horror stories — people getting ripped off with insurance, dodgy damage claims and cars not being ready when you try to collect them. Of course, it’s not always the rental company that’s in the wrong; just as many customers do the wrong thing and won’t admit to it.

You’ve probably seen pictures of cars that have been driven into the ocean or off a cliff because “the GPS told me to go that way”, or maybe you’ve heard about some strange or embarrassing items left in the car upon return. Working in the industry, I’ve heard plenty of these tales myself, but I wanted to know more. I set off to find out the strangest, juiciest and just downright craziest things that happen at the rental desk, so I asked customers and staff of various car rental agencies for their tales (under condition of anonymity, of course)!

Read More:
    gregm, Newscience and uggboy like this.