Car rental vehicle reviews

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by daninstl, Oct 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please post your review of rental cars, not so much the company service although that should be part of it.

I'll go first. I just rented a 2013 Jeep Patriot at a local Enterprise lot. I needed the car as my truck was going in for service. The Enterprise office at the dealership was closed on Saturday so I had to pick it up at the nearby office. They offered to let me drop the car at the dealer for no additional cost. I think I paid way too much for a week rental at about $200 but that's another story.

The car was a black on black stripped Patriot with about 11k miles on it. It drives nice and it not a bad highway car. It's very under powered (maybe that's the "Jeep Thing" I don't understand). I don't like the fact that it didn't have daytime running lights or automatic lights. The rear hatchback was handy as I was using it as a work vehicle and I haul a lot of training supplies, etc. The car was fun to drive and easy to park but I don't think I'll buy one, well, ever. Everything seems really cheap on it. Maybe one with more equipment would be better.

Pros:
    Great handling, easy to park, big enough inside for all my stuff.

Cons:
    Cheap build quality, a little hard to see blind spots and way under powered on hills, passing or getting on the highway.

Next time I'll add a photo.

MSYgirl and clscholes like this.