Car rental rates

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by AAEXPmember, Jul 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. AAEXPmember

AAEXPmember Active Member

Status Points:
    Is there a program that will search a specific pickup location with a specific time and date AND a specific time and date for drop off with no location for the cheapest price available?

So in other words I want to pickup at Chicago ORD at 6pm on August 30th and have the POSSIBILITY of dropping it off anywhere at 6pm on September 11th to get a good deal on the rental rate.

Thanks

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    None that I know of and I am pretty sure no such animal would ever be available in our lifetime..
    Airline booking engines are complicated enough. Can you imagine a car booking engine for every rental car agency (of which there are probably a multiple 20 times the number airports ) in North America?
    ( you could probably drive to Tierra del Fuego in Argentina in 11 days).

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    AAEXPmember likes this.
  3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably have to have a destination in mind.

4. AAEXPmember

AAEXPmember Active Member

Status Points:
    What about negotiating at the counter if there's an out of state plate on their lot that needs to go back to where it started out at? Ultimately the rate is pretty high for a local pickup during the time period I'll need it.

5. nat22

nat22 Active Member

Status Points:
    That is a big ymmv. But if you get a nice guy the possibilities are infinite!

6. tomanst

tomanst Member

Status Points:
    It’s almost always smarter to prepay for a rental car when you book, rather than at the agency counter in Chicago. Not only are you likely to get a discount, but, assuming that your quote was in dollars, you’ll know you’re paying the exact amount you were quoted. In any case, if you don't wish to do that, just find the best car rental price here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hotels.car.rentals.flights.ukasoft&hl=en