Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund September 11-12 Events Denver Co

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by MSY-MSP, Jul 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSY-MSP
    Original Member

MSY-MSP Silver Member

Status Points:
    As many of you know Captain Denny and I are board members of the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund. Captain Dahl was the pilot of United Flight 93 that was hijacked and crashed in Pennsylvania. In honor of Captain Dahl his friends set up this foundation. The Dahl Fund provides scholarships for students who are studying aviation with the goal of becoming a professional pilot. This year we are remembering the 10th Anniversary of the tragic events of September 11, 2001 by holding two of our largest fundraisers in the Denver area on the 11th and 12th of September.

Many of you will be coming to Denver for the StarMegaDo3, so we want to give you all the opportunity to learn about the events that we will be having following the completion of SMD3. On the evening of September 11th we will be having a gala event to celebrate Jason’s life and honor his memory. We are planning on having a very significant key-note speaker (Al Haynes, Captain United 232) who can testify and talk to what having highly qualified and highly trained folks in the front of the aircraft. This evening will consist of dinner and drinks as well as a silent auction with a variety of items related to travel, aviation and experiences. It should be a great time for anyone who attends the event.

On September 12, 2011 we will be holding our first annual golf tournament. This will be held at Pinehurst Country Club in Littleton CO. We have some sponsors already. (United MEC, ALPA, Jeppesen, Mercedes-Benz of Littleton, Microsoft, Milepoint, Mile High Harley Davidson, and New Belgium Brewery (providing free beer), and hopefully many more) The format will be a four man scramble. We will have a number of prizes to award during the event, including some for hitting a hole in one on each of the par 3 holes on the course, low score (men), low score (mixed), closest to the pin, longest drive, etc. These prizes (for the hole in ones) include a Harley, some serious cash, and (hopefully) a Million Frequent Flyer Miles (airline program of your choice). If you like to play golf and want to support a great cause, this is the tournament for you. We are hoping to get a couple teams of Milepointers on the course for the event.

If you want to be part of the Milepoint teams for the event, please send me a PM. If you or your company would like to sponsor a hole definitely PM me.

Please feel free to visit our website to learn more about us. www.dahlfund.org

gleff likes this.
  2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    What a commitment and milepoint looks forward to supporting this event as best we can. Thanks for the early news and heads up on events we can participate in.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    A great event, outstanding that this dovetails the MegaDO, and of course likely the one event that folks not on the charter will be able to participate in!

BurBunny likes this.
  4. BurBunny
    Original Member

BurBunny Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL, Gary! Stop looking my direction. I feel those eyes.

Actually, have offered to sponsor a hole in one should one of the original sponsors drop out :) Hoping to hear back soon.

5. Captain Dave

Captain Dave Silver Member

Status Points:

6. Captain Dave

Status Points:
    You GUY'S RULE !
    I have been involved since 9-11 with the Dahlfund as Jason was my very best friend...He was an advocate for the future of aviation and he loved flying. May I mention he liked a good party now and then. MegaDo does him proud. What an honor to know people such as yourself. Captain Dave

7. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Great to see you Captain. It's an honor helping you guys with your charity.

Captain Dave likes this.
  8. Captain Dave

Status Points:
    Tommy, Randy, Ed and all of you guy's are rocking our world. The young people we help have no idea how lucky they are to have you all on there side. Thank You does not even come close to cover it.

9. Captain Dave

Status Points:
    Hey guy's...I'm still on reserve so my schedule is last minute...but I will keep you updated...lunch/dinner FRA,OGG,KIX, who knows.

10. wijomas
    Original Member

wijomas Gold Member

Status Points:
    As someone who has a huge student loan for my (private!) helicopter license, I know how tough it must be for these kids to get started in their careers as commercial pilots. What you guys are doing is truly awesome, and I'm so glad I'm able to help out even in a small way.

I only wish there was more I could do - the events of 9/11 impacted us all. Not only in America, but around the world. Our New Zealand SAS just had it's first casualty fighting in the war on terror in Afghanistan only a few weeks ago. Ten years on and it's all still very raw in our minds.

Sandy, Captains Dave & Denny, Nathan, and the other guys and girls involved in the scholarship fund, we can't thank you enough. Sounds like Jason would be proud to have his name attached to a mission to do something so good out of such a tragic event.

Captain Dave likes this.
  11. Captain Dave

Status Points:
    Sure miss NZ. Used to fly there as a DC10 F/O and 747 rope start F/O. People nice, all good except for the driving on the wrong side...
    Sorry to hear about the SAS loss...what a horrible decade.

wijomas likes this.
  12. Captain Dave

Status Points:
    Thank You so much for what you do !!!

IDGflygirl likes this.
  13. wijomas
    Original Member

wijomas Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's left and there's wrong. :D We're still down here, jump on a boat and come visit some day! :)

14. Captain Dave

Status Points:
    A Boat...never thought of that.

wijomas likes this.