Capital One Venture Points Redemption?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by MFinch, Sep 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MFinch

MFinch Member

Status Points:
    Is it possible to use capital one points toward vrbo.com vacation rentals? For instance if I rent a condo for $2000 for a week, and I have 80,000 capital one points will I get reimbursed $800? Just curious for an upcoming trip. Thanks,

Matt

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    from my understanding C1 doesnt allow partial reimbursements. You have to clear the entire transaction using your points.

deant and FlyingFree like this.
  3. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    A lot of VRBO transactions are private party transactions also so even if you could process it in separate transactions, say 1 for $800 and the other for $1200 they would have to be processed as a travel purchase.

The one I did a few years ago was processed by the owner's DirecTv installion company. = not travel

4. jpm1908

jpm1908 Member

Status Points:
    I am new to this forum, so I apologize for asking such basic questions. I am interesed in purchasing two first class ticketsmto Europe next summer:

1) I just received my Capital One Venture Card. May I apply for other cards and combine the points?
    2) any suggestions on what other cards to get? How many?
    3) does it make sense to join an airline mileage program as well?

My credit score is very high.

Thanks!

5. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    jpm1908, Welcome to MP.

To answer your first question, I don't believe you can transfer points from other programs into Capital One.

I just noticed that you have posted the same questions in a couple of forums. It would probably be better if you delete one of the threads and try and have all the answers in one place.

Suggest all answers to your questions be posted here: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/brand-newbie.44779/