Capital One Venture Card...false approval?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Emos-closet, Mar 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Emos-closet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh Man! I submitted my app the night the 100,000 mile match deal was listed on mile point and it said "Congrats my application was approved and that my card should arrive in 7-10 days....". It did not contain credit limit info, so I just called Cap one to find out what my credit limit is and they tell me my app is not approved but is "Pending"!!! What the %*&@!!! I have a high credit score, above 780. They pulled all three credit bureaus. Anybody else who thinks they got approved should call cap one and verify the status of their app. This sucks!

The number 1.800.933.5182

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, I got approved yesterday with a credit limit of $20,000. Hope that isn't false.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. MrHalliday
    Original Member

MrHalliday Silver Member

Status Points:
    No need to panic,
    I think everyone is in a similar situation.
    I was "approved" online with $K 7.5,
    but today received snail mail with a bunch of paper fluff
    and a note that ..."IF I am approved...".

It's an OK gamble to be patient for $1K +.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    You really need to keep track of the fine print. If the text clearly says "you have been approved..." and goes on to state a credit limit you can be confident that is what you'll really have. However it is not unusual for them to approve somebody, not state the credit limit and actually give a $500 limit or something like that, with the promise that they'll consider you for a higher limit if you supply added documentation.

5. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You don't have anything to worry about. Many people have reported this exact problem and they all wound up in an "approved" status.

6. Ravi Rao

Ravi Rao Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup, I got the "if you are approved" letter yesterday (Friday) and then received the card today (Saturday). The paperwork has no mention of the 100k miles anywhere.