Capital One Card in Canada - Good customer service so far!

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by DebraI, Jan 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just wanted to post a positive review so far of the Priority Club Capital One card that became available in November and report on the recent customer service experience I had. As a PC plat, I was really happy to see Capital One come out with a points card. So my husband and signed up for the card just a few weeks after its availability. Just two days after I signed up for the card, I got an e-mail from Priority Club with an offer for 60,000 points instead of the 30,000 I signed up under: http://www.capitalone.ca/lp/priorityclub-offer/.

I waited for the 30,000 points to post to my mastercard account on the Capital One website, and then called the customer service number on the back of the card. I explained the situation to the customer service rep and asked if they would be so kind as to give me the other 30,000 points. The rep typed out a note to some manager he said had the authority to deal with the issue, and said I should either see the points in my account or get a call from customer service in three working days. Two days later, the other 30,000 points showed up in my account.

I thought I would post this, just in case someone else had signed up under the initial 30,000 point offer, since it appears Capital One is being nice and honoring the better deal.

Good job, Capital One!