Capital One Car rental

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by deant, Jan 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Has anyone noticed that Capital One gives a fantastic car rental rate? We are going to Hawaii this summer and looking at convertible rentals in both KOA and LIH (4 days each).

In each location, Captial One showed a savings of about $100 for each location. The Capital One rate was compared to Costco rates as well as "reduced" AutoSlash rates and AARP / other discounts..

2. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How did you get car rentals with Cap one, and what companies are available? I only can find Enterprise and Thrifty thru the rewards perk central?

deant likes this.
  3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Was checking car rental rates for KOA and LIH this summer (4 days at each location). The Cap One site had rates that were about 15-25% cheaper than any discount site I could find. They had quotes from Budget, Avis, Dollar, Thrifty and Hertz. Just out of curiosity, did a second check tonight and the rates are up but still significantly below Costco etc. The following is a comparison of the rates I found for the same car category (convertible) and dates:

Renting a convertible for 4 nights at LIH the C1 is $298 total (Budget). Costco discount is $438 also with Budget. Using the AAA the rate becomes $478 with Hertz. AARP it becomes $355 with Thrifty. Have also had a request in through Autoslash and the best price they have given me is $377.

When I booked the other day, Budget, through C1, was only $230. Am just amazed that C1 would have the best prices.

4. sargenet
    Original Member

sargenet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just checked my KOA reservation at Cap One. They were much higher than what Costco was offering me for 5 days! I am also going in June. Will keep checking back since I had no idea Cap One was an option also!!!

5. efoss3
    Original Member

efoss3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just checked rates for C1 and they were very good, but I believe that they must be paid at time of booking. My trip isn't until May, so I think I'll wait until closer. I hope the good rate will remain. I have trouble finding the best deals on car rentals.