Capital Hilton - Washington, DC

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by dlnewbie, Nov 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dlnewbie

dlnewbie Active Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here this weekend, and I have to say, for a hotel with such a great location, the service was subpar at best. As a Diamond, received a non-executive floor room that was well worn, although everything did work. Breakfast in the lounge was decent, but a little bit crowded. The check-in/out staff seemed as if they could care less. Maybe I have gotten used to the treatment I get at some other Hiltons, but this just seemed to be unusually bad.

Kalboz and Tenmoc like this.
  2. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here are my impressions from a one-night stay on a Thursday as a diamond member.

Status recognition: I was thanked for being a diamond member, given the internet code, and told where the lounge is at check in. I was not upgraded. As with most DC properties, there are a lot of diamond members who stay on week days.

Room: The room was fairly large and comfortable. The room probably had not been renovated in 5-8 years, but it didn’t feel too worn or dated. My only complaint was the water pressure was not very strong in the shower.

Lounge: The hotel has an executive lounge on the 8th floor. There are typical lounge breakfast options from 6am-10; a couple hot hors d'oeuvres, veggies, and cheese from 5pm-7ish, and cookies from 7ish until they all disappear. There’s a fridge stocked with sodas and water available all day.

Service: While the front desk clerk was a bit perfunctory, everyone else I met was friendly (if not chatty), including the doormen, housekeeping cleaners, and room service waiters.

Location: The hotel is conveniently 2-3 blocks from the Farragut North and Farragut West metro stops. The proximity to both stations is great because you can get both to the train station (red line) and National airport (blue line) without having to switch trains.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.