Cape Cod Chips

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Oct 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really enjoy the Cape Cod potato chips that UA is serving in their snack basket. In fact they seem to be the first to go when offered. I have been trying to find a store that sells them here on the West Coast, anyone know of any major stores that do sell them?

William JLP likes this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Uh... All of the major food stores should carry Cape Cod chips, I've seen them at Safeways, Whole Foods, and Fresh N Easys on the West Coast.

William JLP likes this.
  3. William JLP

William JLP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pretty sure they are just available on the East Coast. Other "kettle style" and even "Hawaiian style" chips are basically the same, though probably not an exact match.

http://www.snyderslanceproductlocator.com/capecod/

sfo1 likes this.
  4. William JLP

William JLP Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I could be entirely wrong, too. Haven't shopped for chips on the west coast in a while.

5. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have checked out several Whole Foods, and other major grocery chains including Walmart, and have found nothing. I did find the Cape Cod web site and sent them an email asking them if Cape Cod was available on the West Coast, especially in the Seattle area. You can order them direct from the web site, price is right but shipping cost may be prohibitive at least for me. If I get a reply will let all know. My mouth is watering right now, they are soooo good.

Flyer1976, mht_flyer and William JLP like this.
  6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, thanks to William JLP for the link, I found four, had to use the 50 mile search feature here's the link, its strange that there are none listed in the metropolitan area of Seattle. I also checked out a 50 mile radius of Bellingham which is closer to where I live in Vancouver, no luck.
    http://www.snyderslanceproductlocator.com/capecod/#

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    William JLP likes this.
  7. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a client in the LA suburbs and did a 50 mile search of their zip code, and found lots of stores in their area selling them. So they are available in at least some parts of the western US, but clearly not all of it.

sfo1 and William JLP like this.
  8. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you are absolutely correct. Right now I am staying in the Ontario, CA area and did a 50 mile search and there are 322 locations available. Am headed out right now......

9. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cape Cod Chips run anyone? :cool:

10. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    They're not bad, but I'd go for an Utz run right about now. I miss Utz potato chips. :(

Adding: You can go to the Cape Cod Web store and get a case shipped.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    sfo1, icurhere2 and Flyer1976 like this.
  11. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I did go to the web site and sent them some email. International shipping charges make it quite expensive, however they do have a Canadian distributor and they have given me contact information, so will see where in the Vancouver area I might be able to purchase them, or if they will ship to me. Had some last night on a flight to TPA, and again as usual they were the first items taken from the snack basket.

mikeschu likes this.
  12. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hop down to Port Roberts and rent a US Postal box? I seem to meet a few people based out of YVR that do that.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  13. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well just drop a couple of Ghirardelli squares on the FA and you will find out if they really are out. If nothing else it gets a real smile.

sfo1 likes this.
  14. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, that is possible, use to have one in Blaine years ago, but prices went way up for postal boxes. Can use a friends address for delivery in Seattle if need be. A little more research and I found the Canadian distributor has a distributor outlet just outside Vancouver, so when I get home from my trip I will contact them.

mikeschu likes this.
  15. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh, I got mine, 1C, never miss out on them:)