Cap1 Venture card - $900 Hyatt gift certs

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by IDGflygirl, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just wanted to report (for any one who might be pondering this offer), that I received the Hyatt gift certs that comprise the '$900 Hyatt gift cert' (for 51,250 miles) redemption offer from the Cap1 Venture card.
    It, in fact, consists of 3 different certs: one for $500 and 2 for $200 each, -- all with a 6/30/2012 expiration date printed on the front. They look very similar to the Hyatt gift certs that were sold at Costco last year.

Trustguy and Toula like this.
  2. sargenet
    Original Member

sargenet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you ever get a confirmation email letting you know when they shipped? If so, how long from the date of order till arrival? I got an email when I ordered which stated that they would email when they shipped them... just trying to get an idea of how long it takes to receive.....

3. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks for the report - these 3 different certs are much more easily used than a single $900 one.

Just a quick reminder that the state of CA prohibits expiration dates on GCs, so you may be able to use in CA even after the expiration date has passed.

4. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    @IDGflygirl, would you be so kind to post the full terms and conditions of the Hyatt gift cert. Also, does your name appear on them, or is it left blank, and are these certs transferrable?

5. erich

erich Silver Member

Status Points:
    Question on Hyatt gift certificate stays: let's say your stay costs $1200, paid partially with a $900 gift certificate. Will the final invoice show $1200 outstanding or $300 outstanding?
    I have a reimbursable stay coming up, and I want to confirm the full $1200 price will come through on the invoice rather than the $300 difference.

6. DealHound
    Original Member

DealHound Silver Member

Status Points:
    The check certificate is applied at checkout, just as any other form of payment. If you get a folio under your door the night before you check out, it would not yet show those credits.

7. gomike
    Original Member

gomike Silver Member

Status Points:
    These are promotional certificates so they would expire in CA also.