Can't see Finnair Flights on AA.com

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by BAppelt, Jan 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. BAppelt
    Original Member

BAppelt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm booked on Finnair round trip CDG-HEL. I put my AA # on the reservation.

When I go to Finnair's website, the reservation is there and shows my AA # but when I go to AA's site it won't pull it up either by flight or record locator.

I thought if you used your # you'd be able to see it on AA's site. What am I doing wrong?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Are you just crediting the flight to AA, or did you book it through AA? Are these AA codeshares?

LETTERBOY and zpaul like this.
  3. BAppelt
    Original Member

BAppelt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm just crediting the flight to AA. The flights are not code shares just Finnair flights. Travel agent booked them so I'm not sure what portal was used.

zpaul likes this.
  4. miamigrad
    Original Member

miamigrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do Finnair and AA use the same reservation system? If not, that might be the culprit.

Flights booked outside of AA.com don't automatically show in the AA.com reservations list. You have to pull up by record locator, name, date, etc. But, if Finnair uses a different reservation system, then putting in its record locator might not yield results.

I don't see why this would show in your AA reservations. If it wasn't booked through AA, and it's not operated by AA, then there's no reason for it to display. Just a guess on my part.

LETTERBOY, zpaul and DestinationDavid like this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    AA is Sabre, AY is Amadeus I believe?

zpaul likes this.
  6. BAppelt
    Original Member

BAppelt Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK It's not a big deal to me it's just that AA's site says that as long as your AA# is used you should be able to see it. It might be the reservation systems since AA.com wouldn't recognize the AY record locator.

zpaul likes this.
  7. miamigrad
    Original Member

miamigrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never really paid attention to the language on AA.com. I see that it does say your reservation will show if "You are one of the travelers and your AAdvantage number is in the reservation." Given this language, I can see now why you think it should show (I'd be inclined to think that, too).

BAppelt likes this.