In Progress Can't reply to post from 7" galaxy pad

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by estnet, Mar 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    because of the way the keyboard is displayed and the fact that the milepoint thread goes to the top of the thread you can't see what you are typing which makes it practically impossible to reply to threads! Help.

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Are you referring to your use of the Android app for that device or your use of the native browser with that device? Thanks for the heads up.

3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Using the native browser.

4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is still not fixed. It is a milepoint programming problem I believe b/c when I post on TOBB this is not a problem. Please fix this! For now I can only post or reply when I have access to a laptop.

5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doing a test with my new Galaxy Tab 3, 8" and it seems to work when you include a quote but for a simple reply the option does not come up.

6. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually don't quote b/c it is often a waste of space, nor can one quote when starting a thread. I don't understand why this can't be fixed - as it is now anyone with an android tablet cannot reply or post and see what they are posting! this is true for my android, asus, galaxy 7 and 10 inch (haven't tried phone - print is too small for me)

7. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Our programmer is out today, but I'll grab his attention tomorrow morning. I'm not positive what he concluded on this issue back in March.

8. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - it's really a bummer not to be able to post/reply when I only have a tablet!

Mark likes this.
  9. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a moment of joy when I thought this was fixed..... whoops I was posting on TOBB.
    I cannot post while traveling with only tablet - wonder if you realize how many people/posts you are NOT getting b/c of this bug:(

10. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Our programmer was gone the beginning of this week. He is looking into it.

11. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Also, a new Milepoint update we are about to install (testing phase right now) has a better mobile experience. This will hopefully also fix the problem.

12. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I sure hope so! I'm not a programmer, but since it works on TOBB I assume it is a programming issue - at first I thought it might have something to do with the android system, but clearly that is not the case. Since I use desktop views of everything when I'm using the 10" tablet it seems clear that something is recognizing what my hardware is.

13. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    It can be very difficult at times to get it right on all devices these days. Tons of different browsers, phones, tablets, etc. Why does it work on an iPad and not on Android tablets of similar size? Sometimes we don't even know completely after we fix it! :eek: While we recently fixed an issue with viewing Milepoint in a specific browser (an old version of FF), we can't seem to figure out what's wrong with Android tablets.

That said, I'm hopeful new version of Milepoint will Fix a lot of that and it should be rolled out very soon. The company we use to power this board is starting to work on some really good stuff and once it's fully tested we will be rolling it out. I'll be in touch with you once we're ready to launch it.