Can't get US Airways on the phone and their website keeps showing error?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by AeroHeart, Mar 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. AeroHeart

AeroHeart Active Member

Status Points:
    I've been trying to book award travel for 3 days with no luck. I can not get through on the telephone to a US Airways agent and their website keeps producing an error message. Does anyone know what is going on? Weather conditions may be contributing, but for 3 whole days? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get through to a booking agent? But then, I'm not so sure the planes would be any more reliable......

2. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's the error message on the web site?

As for the phone, no idea. I tend to use speakerphone or an earpiece when dealing with long phone activities. Go about your business and wait for someone to pick up.

AeroHeart likes this.
  3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just logged into my account with no issues! :confused:

AeroHeart likes this.
  4. AeroHeart

AeroHeart Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestions.

The error message is:

"We're sorry
    An error has occurred that prevents us from processing your request. Please try again. If you continue to receive this message, please call 800-327-7810 for assistance.
    Reference code: NPC4KE55HQ5MBP55F1PBYJ45 (1.2.113010.113010)"

And then, when I dial the US or Canadian numbers I do not even get placed on hold. I receive a message telling me to call back later.

Glad it is working for some of you. More research suggested that I dial an international number on Skype. It took less than a minute to connect with a human.

Mikus33 and flyforawg like this.
  5. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad the skype trick worked.

I was able to access the phone number above and it even linked my mobile number to my dividend miles account. I don't have any status (unless behind the scenes they've started acknowledging my AA status.)

traveltoomuch and AeroHeart like this.
  6. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I finally called the UK number yesterday to book an award but unfortunately the agent was too competent. Apparently connecting through HKG for many intra South-Asia awards egregiously exceeds MPM. For south east Asia countries it's MH or too bad. :(

I'd like to press my luck with US based agents but I can't access them.

7. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    With today's version of the problem, they won't even leave me waiting on hold: "we're getting more calls than our system can handle; please try again later; thanks for your understanding".

As the first post observes, though, I'm not sure it's worth trying. If they can't answer the phones now, how quickly will they answer during my own irrops?

AeroHeart likes this.
  8. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't called but I've also run into random log on delays or problems with the US site for weeks now. I'm sure they are doing some IT work behind the scenes that is effecting the performance. Award availability seems a little sparse and on the high side as well. Could also be demand from folks trying to redeem before the AA merge of programs.

AeroHeart likes this.
  9. AeroHeart

AeroHeart Active Member

Status Points:
    I went with Alaska Airlines, as there was no award availability.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  10. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been trying as well. I want to try and book some award seats before the merger to take advantage of the credit card 5k discount. I can't get much outside of the USA to work and when I do I can't seem to get anything beyond 12-31-15. I want Jan/Feb for the cheaper tickets. I'm sure they are there but just seem to error out. I was able to pull up PHL-TLV finally but it showed me "N/A" for all the Jan and Feb 2016 dates. As soon as I went back to 2015 it had expensive availability each day of the calendar. I'm afraid it's too late to try and book online.