Can't get boarding pass for second segment

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Juanefny, Aug 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying later today and checked in for my flight on the iPhone app yesterday. When I went to retrieve the boarding pass for the second segment it the "check in" button is the only one that I can press. The boarding pass button does not seem to be activated. Has this happened to anyone? I have tried "checking in " again and it just doesnt' do anything.
    Oh, and when I go online under upgrades it shows up as "N/A" under the upgrade for that segment instead of saying confirmed. Will the airport be able to print that boarding pass?

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've seen this when not using AA metal (the N/A bit). But I've always been able to check-in even when using a codeshare.

zpaul likes this.
  3. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nope, they are both domestic and on AA metal. Upgraded within the past two days with just the complementary EXP non SWU upgrades...

zpaul likes this.
  4. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Obviously I'm guessing at this point you've flown since you said your flight is later in the day, I don't see why the airport wouldn't be able to print you a new boarding pass.

Hope everything went well.

zpaul likes this.
  5. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    They "checked me in" and then I was able to retrieve the bp on the app. Really not sure what went wrong and why it wouldn't let me check in...

Max M and zpaul like this.
  6. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was second segment that didn't work right more then 24 hrs from departure time when you checked in from your phone the day before?

zpaul likes this.
  7. flymeAAway

flymeAAway Active Member

Status Points:
    I have had 6 segments in a day and some time it will let me check in for all and some times not. For some reason if you check in at 24 hours for the first flight it will not carry forward the rest of the day. What I have found is I have to wait for the 24 hour mark of my last flight departure time to check in for all to work. If your first flight is 8AM and your last flight departure is at 7PM you can print all boarding passes after 7PM, 24 hours ahead of the last departure.

Max M, zpaul and ballardFlyer like this.
  8. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes this is exactly what I think happens to the OP.

zpaul likes this.
  9. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well in the past, the app wont let me retrieve my boarding pass for segments until 24 hrs before those segments. However, usually I just go back click on boarding pass and it retrieves it. This past time, the boarding pass button was not highlighted and only gave me the option to check in. When I would click on it, however, nothing would happen...