Can't find flights on AA com

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Photonerd71, May 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last week i was looking at flights from IAH to MNL. I was able to find the flights via CX through LAX and HKG. (Looking at premium econ). Now today (and yesterday) i put in IAH to MNL or LAX to MNL and it says i cant do that on AA dot com. Does anybody know if there is an issue with the website i am not seeing? (I can look on the CX website and the flights show up fine)

I can put in LAX-HKG and the CX flights show up. I checked the all carriers box and the aa/oneworld box and still no go. Not sure if i am doing someting wrong or if it just a glitch in tbe system

2. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA doesnt fly directly toMNL and with the recent termination of flt from hawaiian airlines, it gives you an error because of the mnl arrival.

3. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    I know they dont fly there. I was seeing the CX flights (and some JAL flights i think as well). But now i cant even get the code share flights to show up. (The flights to HKG on CX show up still)

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    What dates?

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Nevermind, it's all dates it seems. Also won't book to CMB.

6. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    I was looking at late Jan (nice winter vacation, plus lock in gold status for two years with one trip). I was seeing about $2500 of so rt from Houston. Guess if all else fails I can just do 3 seperate reservations.(iah-dfw-lax part in first. Cant/wont do iah-lax in a rj :( ) then do the lax-hkg part on. CX in premiim econ (booked through AA) then just book the hkg-mnl on CX as it is the shortest leg and no preminm econ anyway. (Or even better just go from hkg to clark directly on dragon air and avoid the drive from manila all togethet).

I have waaaaaay to much free time on my hands right now getting worked up over this almost a year out. :)

7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I've seen reports of some issues with AA's codeshares into Asia for a few months now, but usually the issue is that the codeshare is missing and the carrier's flight still shows as an option, just without an AA code attached. Haven't seen anything about entire cities being blocked from booking.

I know some cities like CMB don't allow you to book flights departing from there, and AA requires that award tickets departing from MNL be booked over the phone and a complicated side ritual to confirm your ticket.

I'd call AA web services (800) 222-2377 and ask them what's up. I've searched for flights to MNL and CMB before and have always been able to get results back. A total blackout is not normal.

8. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info. My other option is UA into Manila ( easier trip but that is about $4300 all in biz via HNL and GUM. Even tboufh i live in Houston i prefer AA). I will give them a call when i get a chance (sister is getting married this weekend so a bit busy), still odd that the flights all showed up last week but not now. Oh well. A seperate ticket into Angeles city is almost easier on Dragon anyway. Cant imagine it is all that expensive and leaves from HKG anyway.

9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    You mean your other option other than calling reservations? I've generally found the agents helpful.