Resolved Can't edit any MP wikis

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by upgrade, Aug 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not a browser/machine issue: I've tried multiple browsers & devices, but can't see the "edit" button (helpfully described to me by one of the MP Guides).

Ideas?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're Gold, so it can't be a matter of status on MP and since you posted here, you must be logged in. I can't seem to add wiki pages but I have been able to edit the SMD3 pages without any issues.

3. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm a regular Rod Blagojevich.
    :rolleyes:

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just looked at the SMD3 wiki again and you need to look for the word (Edit) in blue, next to the word (History) just to the left of the bottom left hand corner of your avatar when on the wiki page. Does the word (History) appear on your screen?

5. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not visible. I'm reliably informed that it's because I am not an Original Member (which fact puzzles me in its own right, but never mind...) and that The HOM Powers are pondering this issue.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I look at your history, it shows only 15 status points at the end of May where the requirement for Original IIRC was 25 status points by May 15. You got there on June 1 with the award of your first and third month anniversary points. This makes me suspect that after your registered and made your first post(s) in February, there was a long period when you didn't log onto MP at all. MP has been delaying anniversary points in such cases until the person exhibits some activity, although posting or even liking isn't required, just logging in to MP. Did you totally disappear from MP from sometime before about March 9 until June 1?

7. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. I'm not really complaining about not being OM (in fact, I had no idea what the criteria were; thanks for that), but simply expressing puzzlement about the wiki-edit restriction. Rather than belabor the point -- and thereby risk incurring the wrath of TPTB by appearing to question Holy Writ -- I'll content myself with having gotten an answer to the mystery, and with wasting time maintaining assorted FAQs on TOBB where I can edit to the fullest extent of my dark, dark heart's wishes.
    :eek:

8. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks for the report. We are looking into this.

9. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    You should now be able to edit the wiki if you have achieved Silver status (of course those of Gold or above qualify for this). So you should not have a problem editing the wiki now upgrade. Thanks.

SC Flier and upgrade like this.