Can't do online checkin for UA outbound, CO inbound

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by SFOPeter, Feb 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SFOPeter
    Original Member

SFOPeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying SFO-LHR-EWR-(Stop)-SFO tomorrow. Trying to check in online at CO, it sent me to UA to checkin and UA is telling me I have to have proof of onward or return travel. Can't wait for this merger to be complete!

2. Olton Hall
    Original Member

Olton Hall Gold Member

Status Points:
    United side never shows CO side if it was a CO flt number on CO metal. CO does show all legs if booked on them. You do have to remember to check in with the operating carrier so that's why CO would not check you in for SFO-LHR. Proof of onward/return travel is a requirement of her majesty's government but as you noticed, it's the computers being :rolleyes: causing that message for you.

3. SFOPeter
    Original Member

SFOPeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    And they no longer have my upper deck seat assignment. Sheesh!!! :)

4. stravels

stravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    They will probably blame the merger. Ran into numerous issues on recent trip. Best bet is to get to airport early to get boarding pass--don't forget to check the seat assignment, etc. as one of my seats changed within 24 hrs. They blamed a last-minute aircraft change but . . .

5. SFOPeter
    Original Member

SFOPeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, it's definitely a merger issue. When I showed up at the airport the reservation was still holding 14K in the upperdeck even tho it showed up as no seat assigned when I tried to OLCI. But then the GA was trying to tell me that my CO tickets back to the US were no longer valid. I had just seen it all on the CO website as all good, so told her I just wanted my BP and would sort the return trip out later. It's strange because it all worked better _before_ the merger. I just flew UA, AA and DL all on one PNR (that is how our travel does it) and it all worked fine. Just a couple more months. :)

Flyer1976 likes this.