Can't book YUL-YTZ return with 30% code on lowest fairs? AC booking engine problems

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by mtlfire, Jun 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was looking to go to Toronto on the 14th or 15th of July. With the 30% discount that expires today the lowest tango fares are 55$ each way for YUL-YTZ. I've been trying for a few days, but if I select any of the lowest fares, with a return at the lowest fare (55-55) and click continue the flight selection page just reloads. The only way to get a ticket is to select more expensive fares (for same day return).

I've tried Chrome, IE, cleared cookies. Can't book a same day return fare at the lowest rate and I've tried a few times over the past few days.

YUL-YYZ for the same days, same fares, same discounts books fine. I just thought I'd try the new planes and airport. YTZ charges 5$ less in airport improvement fee's, but that wasn't my motivation.

Any ideas?

2. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Buy two one ways? The prices don't differ between that and a round trip.

mtlfire likes this.
  3. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes the solution is so simple and yet I don't see it. Thanks.

janyyc likes this.
  4. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or otherwise book to YYZ and then standby at the airport for free to YTZ. Slightly risky, but not really, the loads for the YTZ flights are really low...

5. YUL36

YUL36 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked to YUL next week from YTZ. At first it would not honour the 30% saying it ended at midnight local time. Except I was in YYZ and it was 22:30. The phone wait was 40 minutes. It took 35 minutes to get a web agent to answer and 20 minutes for her to manually book the trip. The wait on the elite line was 20 minutes at 23:00. BTW the out bound has 4 booked seats, 4 blocked seats. The return has about 7 booked. One of the flights was 79.00 in A. The matching PD flight was 169.00, and that's a flight that has been more than half full each time I have flown it.

6. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Booked all my flights last night. aircanada.com would still jam on YUL-YTZ round trip if you selected the cheapest fares of the day (55$). Ended up booking them all as one way trips, same price, just took twice as long. Booked my flights largely on AC7509 and AC7514 -- perhaps we will cross each other in the lounge.

7. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    Am interested to hear what the AC loads are like on this route pairing, YTZ/YUL

8. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I was on the flight, very low. YMMV however.

9. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have two flights this week, will let you know.

10. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only 12 of us on the YUL-YTZ flight this morning, including myself. I do have to say I like the new plane smell though.

11. my friend flew it yesterday and thought he had a private jet :) with all the promos and cheap fares AC is losing a lot of money on this new method to hurt Porter.