Can't book the Hertz bonus offer

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by KenInEscazu, Sep 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Once logged in, the Hertz offer for up to 35% discount and 3x MP miles takes me to a page where I get the following results:

! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

InvalidPromotionCode

Register for this Offer
    Promotion Code:
    A10039?INT_SOURCE=UAMER
    MileagePlus Number:
    Some MileagePlus offers require you to register before you can become eligible for the offer. These offers, often found in our Insights MileagePlus newsletter, in-flight magazine and newspaper advertisements, will indicate that registration is required and list a 5-digit promotion code.

To register for an offer, enter the appropriate 5-digit promotion code and your MileagePlus number in the fields provided.

I have some time, so it's not urgent, but this has been going on for two days. The last time I used it, the bonus miles never posted. I had to call the MP Elite line to get the credit.
    Is anyone else having this problem?

2. trobb49

trobb49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see that the Hertz page asks for your HERTZ #1 Club number in addition to the CDP & PC. I live in Japan and sometimes offers aren't valid for residents living outside of the U.S. They can tell your residence from your #1 number. Have you used a similar offer before? Are you resident in the U.S.?

In this case, however, it worked for me! I just put in my HERTZ #1 number. The CDP (62455) and PC number (165896) were already filled in.

3. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    In previous cases, I have simply clicked on the promotional link that comes up on the United home page from time to time. If it isn't there when I want it, I just refresh the page until it appears. So yes, I have used this identical offer before.

I went about it the long way by using the "Car" tab, and after a few cases of not being allowed to enter all the required info I finally got a page that allowed me to enter all the correct data. Very convoluted.

The end result is that the link on their home page is broken, but with a little tenacity and luck the offer is still available. I'm now booked with Hertz with confirmation of all the required codes to get the discount and bonus miles.