Cant book on SQ 26 eventhough it is on the UA site

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Singapore Flyer, Sep 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to book 3 coach tickets back from SIN to JFk via FRA. The flights are there on SQ 26 but only has a separate flight combined with LH or UA. First agent said they are not available and SQ is blocking them. I was able to book a flight with SQ/LH but wondering if I can swap out the second leg to SQ. Is this one of those times that I should call back multiple times to get someone to book it for me?

Completely unrelated but thought i would share, UA gave me a 2 day (49 hours) layover in HKG on a OW award ticket. The agent said the computer did that. Didn't seem like a big deal to him.

Jimgotkp and Flyer1976 like this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's interesting as it should be 23:59 or less, you got lucky there!

Singapore Flyer likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have UA status book it with a connection then call in and drop the connection after it is ticketed. Or reserve the award (don't actually book it; choose pay with Western Union or by phone to generate a PNR) and then call in to web support and see if they can drop the connecting segment off and still issue it.

Or just call another agent and see if they'll make it happen without the hoops.

Singapore Flyer likes this.
  4. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The call another agent just worked! yeah! :)
    However, I do appreciate your creative options Seth!

schen75 and Wandering Aramean like this.