Candlewood Suites @ Bel Air / Aberdeen (MD)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by viguera, Jan 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Typing this from the hotel now, as I continue my early year run.

This property just reopened recently after a fire over the summer closed it for a while -- seems like a malfunctioning microwave made a mess of things.

So far it's the typical Candlewood bit... The rooms are very spacious and have a full kitchen. I never cook but it's always handy to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room if you bring back restaurant food.

The TV could be bigger, the HVAC unit could be quieter, etc. but overall it's not a bad hotel. It's within spitting distance to I-95 and there are a lot of stores and restaurants nearby so it is certainly convenient if you need to be in the area.

When I'm visiting family I'm usually at the HIX a couple of miles away, but I'm definitely starting to appreciate this brand of the IHG chain for its own perks. There's is no pool and no breakfast though (as customary in this type of extended stay properties). They do have a fitness center and free parking, so there's that.

Kalboz, Newscience and uggboy like this.