Candied Bacon For All! The Andaz Savannah Is Open

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by uggboy, Sep 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Candied Bacon For All! The Andaz Savannah Is Open ||

It's an interesting freebie. Anyone?:D

freewon, AttorneyVin and sobore like this.
  2. AttorneyVin

AttorneyVin Silver Member

Status Points:
    The candied bacon at "22 Square Bar" makes it one of the most unique bars that I have ever been to! The Andaz Savannah is absolutely AMAZING! I just completed a stay there for the Labor Day Weekend, and I would highly recommend the Andaz over the HR Savannah. If anyone is interested in my review of this beautiful property, I have recently posted it on TripAdvisor. As I am new here, I am not sure if you all mind copying/pasting those reviews over here - if anyone wants to read my lengthy review, let me know and I will post it. I loved this property so much, I just booked a 4-night stay here for Thanksgiving!!!

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please feel free to post your review here on MP too. Cheers.

4. AttorneyVin

Status Points:
    Ok ... here is my review of this quaint and beautiful property, fresh from TripAdvisor -- sorry, I do not have my photos copied on this PC so I cannot add them at this time; but, there are a LOT of photos attached to this review on TripAdvisor:

Andaz Savannah

Dates of Stay: Sunday, 8/31/14 - Monday, 9/1/14
    Total Nights: 1

In a nutshell, the Andaz Savannah is a truly AMAZING property -- it has excellent staff and service, modern and roomy accommodations, along with a perfect location. The Andaz Savannah truly is THE place to stay for your next trip to Savannah!!

Now, for my detailed review:

We traveled to Savannah for the Labor Day Weekend, and chose to spend the tail-end of our weekend sampling the luxurious Andaz Savannah; in hindsight, the Andaz was so amazing, we truly wish we had spent our entire trip there! The Andaz truly is one of the most luxurious properties that you will find in Savannah, and its staff cannot be topped for excellence in service. The Andaz Savannah is a fresh and modern property, located in the Savannah Historic District, just blocks from Savannah's famous River Street. It features an ultra-modern lobby, amazing bar, excellent dining and truly wonderful and spacious rooms. I cannot recommend this property highly enough!

Upon our arrival, we were immediately met by a very friendly Valet Attendant; and, unlike other properties in the area, we did not have to hunt for the Valet Attendant, as he was right there to greet us. He welcomed us to the property and assisted us with our luggage as he took our car. The Valet Staff was always present at the front of the Andaz, and we never had to wait for our vehicle; the Valet Staff was always prompt and efficient. And, as an added nicety, not only were we offered directions upon our departure, but also cold waters to take with us. Such excellent service causes me to highly recommend the Valet Parking option at this property as it is very reasonably priced at $23/night, which is in line with all other properties in the area. Should you opt for self parking, however, it is also available at $16/night; the downside is that Self Parking is in a nearby underground parking garage and does not include in-and-out privileges.

After leaving our car with the Valet Attendant, we entered the ultra-modern Main Lobby of the Andaz Savannah. And, I must note that never once did we actually open the entry door at the Andaz; an Andaz Staff Member was always present at the entry door to open the door and welcome us to the property. Upon our initial entry, an Andaz Staff Member immediately welcomed us to the property and began our check-in process. A unique feature of this property is that all Front Desk Staff Members are equipped with an iPad like Tablet that allows them to begin your check-in process without the need for a traditional "Front Desk." Additionally, as the Front Desk Staff Member began our check-in process, we were immediately offered a welcome beverage -- I chose the Red Wine, which was excellent. The offer of such a Welcome Beverage -- especially an alcoholic welcome beverage -- is a very nice touch during the check-in process! Within a matter of moments we were checked-in and given keys to our Andaz Suite on the top (6th) floor of this beautiful property.

One definitely feels secure at the Andaz Savannah, as the Elevators require a key card to access any Guest Room Floor; additionally, the Elevators were quite quick and had an ultra-modern feel. The Elevator Lobby on the 6th Floor had a very unique and classic type House Phone and stool. And, at the end of the Hallway nearest the elevator there was a truly beautiful floor-to-ceiling mirror. The hallways were very well appointed, with fresh greenery at each door behind the room number sign. All-in-all, the Andaz Savannah offers one of the most secure feeling and well appointed guest hallway areas that I have ever seen!

Upon arrival at our Andaz Suite, Room 605, we were in awe -- the Suite was amazing, and included a truly heavenly bathroom! Upon entry, you will find a Mini Bar area to your immediate right, featuring a large counter-top well suited to mixing drinks or preparing a snack. One nice feature of the Andaz Savannah is that the Mini Bar is filled with complimentary non-alcoholic drinks and snacks; it also comes equipped with alcoholic beverages for a reasonable fee. I was happy to find that the Mini Bar came stocked with some local micro-brews! Just next to the Mini Bar area is a large computer/work desk, equipped with ample electrical sockets and a desk lamp. Then, as you proceed further into the Andaz Suite's Living Area, you will find an extremely comfortable chaise lounge chair and ultra-plush couch. The Living Area is also equipped with a 42-inch high-definition television, complete with high-definition channels, which I find to be lacking at most properties. Finally, at the end of the Living Area you will find floor-to-ceiling windows, complete with beautiful plantation shutters, leading out to a balcony which overlooked the property's Terrace Pool. Adjoining the Living Area of the Suite is the bedroom, which is separated from the Living Area by a set of French Doors. The Bedroom is equipped with an ultra-plush King Size Bed, complete with absolutely heavenly linens -- truly, some of the best hotel bedding that I have ever experienced! The Bedroom also features nightstands with ample electrical outlets, and another 42-inch high-definition television, along with floor-to-ceiling windows and black-out curtains. Finally, the best part of the Andaz Suite is the bathroom -- it features an over-sized vanity with double sinks, a toilet, a very large walk-in shower and a large pedestal tub. That pedestal tub is truly heavenly, and also features high-end bath amenities. I have posted numerous photos of Andaz Suite 605 so that you can see for yourself how amazing the accommodations are at the Andaz Savannah. All-in-all, the Andaz Savannah offers some of the most spacious and luxurious accommodations in the Savannah area, and I would highly recommend any room at this property!

As for Dining, the Andaz Savannah offers one main restaurant, the "22 Square Restaurant." "22 Square" is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and it offers an amazing food selection combined with excellent service. Due to the abundant number of local restaurants in Savannah, we only had opportunity to sample "22 Square" for breakfast, but that breakfast was wonderful as "22 Square" features a great breakfast buffet! Food is always cooked fresh-to-order at this buffet, and I found it to be one of the best hotel breakfasts that I have ever experienced.

In addition to "22 Square," the Andaz Savannah offers the "22 Square Bar" adjoining the restaurant, and the quaint "Terrace Bar" located poolside on the 2nd Floor. Make sure to stop by the "22 Square Bar" for drinks -- not only does the "22 Square Bar" offer up an excellent selection of local beers and exquisite wines, you cannot miss the Bar Snack. Upon ordering your drinks, you will be offered absolutely delicious candied bacon as a free snack to accompany your drinks -- truly unique and AMAZING! Such a unique feature makes the "22 Square Bar" one of my new favorite Lobby Bars!

The Andaz Savannah also has a very relaxing Terrace Pool, located on the 2nd Floor. Although the pool is small due to the intimate size of the Terrace, it was kept at a perfect temperature. It also features ample ultra-plush poolside seating, including several relaxing cabanas. Additionally, there is a very nice fire pit on the Terrace. I have attached numerous photos of the Pool Area to this review.

A very nice feature of the Andaz Savannah -- unlike many other local properties -- is that it offers complimentary Internet, both wired and WiFi, to all guests. In an age where most properties are charging for Internet, it is very nice to find that Internet is complimentary at the Andaz Savannah.

Finally, I must comment on some of the prior TripAdvisor review comments regarding noise; I did not notice any noise at all. The Andaz Savannah seemed completely quiet and relaxing throughout our stay, and it seemed as if the rooms had good sound-proofing. Do not let any comments on noise scare you away from this amazing property!

All-in-all, the Andaz Savannah is a truly amazing property, featuring modern and spacious accommodations, combined with an excellent staff; the Andaz Savannah truly is the place that you must stay on your next trip to Savannah!!!

OceanBreezes and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing, lots of details make your review an insightful read. Thanks again, your post is highly appreciated.

AttorneyVin likes this.
  6. AttorneyVin

Status Points:
    Anytime, always happy to post... Andaz was an amazing property and I cannot wait to go back for Thanksgiving! This is definitely the best place to stay in Savannah!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    uggboy likes this.
  7. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    AttorneyVin and uggboy like this.
  8. AttorneyVin

Status Points:
    Yeah... it is a truly unique bar snack that makes the experience at Andaz Savannah a unique and amazing one!!

9. AttorneyVin

Status Points:
    Just wanted to bump this thread, and share a little Candied Bacon for all to enjoy this Holiday Season. Spent an AMAZING Thanksgiving at the Andaz Savannah; amazing customer service and wonderful room. I cannot recommend this property highly enough!
    22 Square Bar - Candied Bacon.JPG