Cancelling Reward Tickets

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by igloocoder, Oct 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know there's a limit to how close to the initial travel date that a reward ticket can be cancelled (22 days if I remember correctly). Has anyone been inside that timeframe, changed their travel dates further into the future and then been able to cancel the ticket without penalty?

2. PtsHawg
    Original Member

PtsHawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't, but I heard someone mention this on FT as a strategy. Any chance for a schedule change?

3. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    As per the T&C's of my last reward ticket:

Cancelling Flight Rewards:
    There are two options for cancelling flight reward tickets:
    1. Reinstate the miles - (see paragraph below for restrictions) or
    2. Keep the flight reward ticket for future use - ticket is changeable (see above)
    Reinstating Mileage:
    • In order to return mileage to the account, the flight reward ticket must be cancelled at least 22 days prior to the scheduled
    outbound departure date.
    • Within 22 days of the scheduled outbound departure date the flight reward ticket is non refundable but changes (see above)
    are permitted.
    • The fee for this reinstatement is $90.00 CAD plus taxes per person per reward.

4. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think I'd heard the same thing. Unfortunately, no chance. Was just exploring some options.