Cancelling part of United reservation

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by kziel, Nov 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kziel

kziel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Currently have two reservations as part of the same trip, one covers RNO-SIN(...SFO-RNO), the other covers DEN-RNO (DEN-SFO-RNO,RNO-DEN. Originally it was about the miles, but at this point I don't really care about the miles as I have found a MR that will make up for the lost miles. I obviously still need the first part of the DEN-RNO trip and all but the last segment of RNO-SIN, and I have put SFO-DEN oh hold for 24 hours.
    First off, is it possible to cancel part of an reservation without incurring a change fee? I'm guessing the answer to that is no, but I'm not sure. The only other feasible option I see would be to just skip those two segments that would be no longer necessary.

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You could in theory split the reservation into two tickets if you found a good agent/tech support desk and not use one of the tickets but this is rare and I've only seen/heard of it happening maybe twice in my three years as an airline employee.