Cancelling Club Carlson card

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by gmarchetti, Aug 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. gmarchetti

gmarchetti Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to cancel my club carlson visa card and got this message from US Bank

"We understand that you would like to close your Club CarlsonSM Premier Rewards Visa® Signature Card account. Before doing so, we would like to advise you that closing your account would result in the loss of earned reward points."

Is that possible? Once the points are deposited in the Carlson account, surely US Bank cannot take them out?

Note that I've had the card for a couple of years.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Presumably they mean the points you may have earned during the current billing cycle that haven't been posted yet to the Club Carlson account.

B1BomberVB, daninstl and satman40 like this.
  3. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think they mean any reward points that have not been credited to your account: Those you've earned so far this month + any bonus points in the pipeline!

uggboy, daninstl and satman40 like this.
  4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    agreed, the month you cancel do not charge anything, if you do you will not get credit for that month,

All other points have been transferred to your Club Account, in your name, same goes for airline cards.,

uggboy and daninstl like this.
  5. loungebuddy

loungebuddy Active Member

Status Points:
    Good to know... was going to put some spend on my Club Carlson card but I'll use another one before cancelling now.

satman40 and uggboy like this.
  6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Once the points are moved they are yours, any points the last month, usually not moved.

Also remember they will expire, or be worth less as time goes by.

The card can be churned..it is a good card to keep, if it fits your needs.l.