Cancelled reservation but afterwards received welcome email. Problem?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by travelpye, Aug 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had to cancel a reservation at Waikiki Beachcomber. I received confirmation email with cancellation number. Stay would have begun on 8/4 and today I got a welcome email as if reservation was not cancelled. Online I see cancellation confirmed number but also a status "modified" I emailed a question about this to customer care, but should I be more concerned that my points for first night will be deducted as a no show? Thanks, I have not had this occur before with cancelled reservations.

uggboy likes this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as you can show the reservation was cancelled and the cancel date, you should be fine. It sounds like a glitch in their IT system. I have never been charged for a cancellation as long as it was in enough time prior to the check-in date.

uggboy and travelpye like this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is why I keep a folder with email confirmations and cancellations...JUST IN CASE! ;)

uggboy likes this.
  4. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1 I save every confirmation email for all my travel reservations, cancellations, and screen shots of special offers, etc...

uggboy and rwoman like this.
  5. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everyone. I did keep the cancellation email.

6. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Happened to me several times when I cancel close to the deadline for cancellation. Never a problem though. I think the welcome e-mails are taken out of the reservations about a week or so prior to the date of stay, any cancellation after that time will still receive the welcome e-mail.