Cancelled itinerary during trip...

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by spaced2, Apr 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. spaced2
    Original Member

spaced2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I'm writing from Chicago. Trip was supposed to be LGA to ORD Friday at 11am on UA metal, ORD to EWR today at 6 on CO metal. Ticket was booked through CO and UA Flight is codeshare.

Outbound was smooth - got my upgrade, arrived on time. Because of my mom's birthday, I decided to see about switching to the 4pm return at about noon yesterday.

Log onto CO website, itinerary was cancelled. Wtf. Called elite desk, waited for 7 minutes, got an agent. Neither she nor her supervisor could explain why my itinerary was cancelled. She also could only put me on the. Not only was I not going to get on the 4, but I'd lose my place in line for an EUA on an aircraft with 16 f seats vs one with 12.to make things worse, I wasn't able to check in at t-24 for some technical reason.

so overall, this blew - no notification, couldn't check in online, couldn't get on the flight I wanted, still a chance but 99% sure I lost an eua.

Upside - when I called in to have them check me in manually, the agent was able to put me on the 4pm in economy (at this point about t-16) so I avoided the SDC change fee. That being said, unlike the first two flights (which had open f seats), this one had been fully processed via the eua system so all seats had been allocated. I'm hoping a couple guys switch or miss so I can get up in the f cabin, but it's not looking good.

Blerg. Someone is gonna get a letter.

2. bhatnasx
    Original Member

bhatnasx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Different situation - but I had booked a ticket over the phone with a web support agent because I was using a voucher that worth more than the fare. The ticket was ticketed - then 3 days later, I log in & not only is it not showing up, but it was cancelled. Called the 1K desk - they just showed an agent cancelled it so they transferred me to websupport to research it. Web support supervisor looked at the info & said it was agent error & reinstated the ticket - no explanation, verbal apology. If I had shown up to the airport & had it cancelled, I would have been pissed - glad I checked!

spaced2 likes this.
  3. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Make sure your miles for that outbound flight into ord posts. It could be you were not shown as using the segment which caused the cancellation.

4. spaced2
    Original Member

spaced2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    yup that's my theory as well - have my boarding pass on hand ready to request credit.

5. SpecialK
    Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Status Points:
    This happened to me on a CO flight when I was sitting in my upgraded seat. I had been checking the PDA site for grins and noticed that I fell off the list!! :eek: A few seconds later someone was upgraded into my seat. :eek::eek:

I intercepted the GA who was coming on with the new boarding pass and she just shrugged. I told her to make sure the rest of my flights did not cancel from there. :) I kept my seat.

In my case, I had stood by for an earlier flight and the later one (the one I was supposed to be on) would have misconnected at IAH - so I think something got goofed up even though my boarding pass beeped in the system when boarding the "dropped" flight.